Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fans of "How I Met Your Mother?"
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Is anybody else here a fan of the show, "How I Met Your Mother?" I had heard of the show, but never had a chance to check it out. Well, a few months ago, I noticed it was on the Instant Netflix and decided to give it a try.

I've been watching an episode a day since, and am absolutely in love with the show! It is just so goofy and funny. Just my kind of goof-ball humor. Anybody else like the show?

There is just too much I can say about how awesome (pun totally intended) Barney Stinson is as a character. Not to mention Robin.

And the funny thing is, I really find myself relating to Ted... especially after the recent changes in my life. In a lot of ways, I sort of feel like I am Ted. LOL!

Even funnier, though...

After everything that has happened to me lately... After starting to heal, and grow, and work on becoming the man I have always wanted to be...

I have started to think about who/what I want in a woman if/when I do go back out into the dating world. So, the funny thing is... I want to be Lilly and Marshall. LOL! From watching this show (you know, minus that part that I think was at the end of season one and very early season two) they are exctly what I have always wanted to be if/when I ever found the girl of my dreams.

They are goofy and dorky, but they are so perfect for each other. LOL! They are made for each other. They are virtually inseparable, though we do still see them hanging out separately sometimes.

So, maybe I am a huge nerd... Okay, I am definitely a huge nerd... but that is exactly what I want out of a relationship. LOL!

Anyways, kinda got off topic. Back to the main point... Anybody else a fan of this show?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Re: Any fans of "How I Met Your Mother?"
HIMYM is probably one of my favorite shows of all time! Im a couple episodes behind this season but every episode up to this point has been fantastic! Teds life is pretty sad..he's constantly searching for "the one" and so he ends up with all the wrong people..I think once he finally stops looking we will find out "how I met your mother" haha

As far as Marshall and Lily go they are precious. Its literally everything any guy could want and if they say they don't they're lying! I'm glad you started watching though staypuft it really is a great show and you won't be disappointed with the other 6 seasons you still have to watch!

Best of luck in your journey and when you are ready to hop back into the dating world try not to pull a Ted and constantly be looking for your soulmate..she'll find you eventually my friend!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Any fans of "How I Met Your Mother?"
HIMYM is great modern sitcom. the characters are fun and quirky (NPH's portrayal of Barney is pretty brilliant, in my humble opinion), the plot is continually moving forward (not as much forward as some of us might like, but certainly, I'd argue, as much as any other sitcom on the market), and the bulk of the episodes are pretty well put together from a structural point of view.

I love TV, of all ranges of genre, but am also very busy. HIMYM is one of the few shows I make time for every week.

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
03-26-2013, 07:54 PM
(03-25-2013 09:56 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  HIMYM is probably one of my favorite shows of all time! Im a couple episodes behind this season but every episode up to this point has been fantastic! Teds life is pretty sad..he's constantly searching for "the one" and so he ends up with all the wrong people..I think once he finally stops looking we will find out "how I met your mother" haha

As far as Marshall and Lily go they are precious. Its literally everything any guy could want and if they say they don't they're lying! I'm glad you started watching though staypuft it really is a great show and you won't be disappointed with the other 6 seasons you still have to watch!

Best of luck in your journey and when you are ready to hop back into the dating world try not to pull a Ted and constantly be looking for your soulmate..she'll find you eventually my friend!

It didn't take me long to fall in love with the show. Without looking, I forget what season I am up to, but I just finished one and started the next. I think I might be on season 5. Glad to hear that it is still awesome all the way up to the current season! I am so torn. Part of me is excited to catch up, part of me never wants to run out of episodes! I hate running out of episodes of a show I love. Thankfully, there are so many episodes of How I Met Your Mother.

It is kind of funny when you think about how the whole premise of the show is future Ted telling his children the story of how he met their mother, and yet somehow the story has taken him, what, 8 or 9 seasons already and still he hasn't gotten to the part about actually meeting her. LOL! But, in all fairness, what else would the show be about if they revealed her too soon?

I feel so bad for Ted, as I think we are meant to in the show. He so badly wants to find his soulmate, but just winds up finding all the wrong women. In part, that is why I relate to the character so much. I've always been something of a romantic type myself. Though, I have always been very sensible at the same time. You know... not that I have had many chances to put that to the test.

But, if/when I do get back out there, the goal is definitely to eventually find my soulmate. But, I will not allow myself to be so desperate to find her that I try to make whatever gal I happen to date be her in my mind when maybe she really isn't after all. Too many guys, real or fictional, make that mistake. I already had one relationship that actually seemed like the real thing initially that wound up not being after all. I don't want to start to cling to relationships that maybe are no good either.

Though, I do have to say, that is one good thing (at least so far) that has come of all this. In the little I have thought about it, I feel like it will be a little different for me this time. I've done it before, and proved I could find somebody and even could go the whole 9 yards (marriage and all that). I am just happy with me now. So, I feel it will be easier to try again, knowing that, God forbid, if I never find her, or if it takes me a long time, at least I can now be happy with me.

(03-26-2013 07:09 AM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  HIMYM is great modern sitcom. the characters are fun and quirky (NPH's portrayal of Barney is pretty brilliant, in my humble opinion), the plot is continually moving forward (not as much forward as some of us might like, but certainly, I'd argue, as much as any other sitcom on the market), and the bulk of the episodes are pretty well put together from a structural point of view.

I love TV, of all ranges of genre, but am also very busy. HIMYM is one of the few shows I make time for every week.

NPH is just brilliant, period! LOL! I too have very eclectic TV tastes myself. I know sitcoms sometimes catch flack, but personally I think they can be really fun. You don't watch a sitcom and expect it to be the most intelligent, brilliant thing in the world. You watch a sitcom for goofy, stupid, fun, and cheesey humor. LOL! Sitcoms are the "turn your brain off and laugh" kind of entertainment. They can be really bad, and they can be really good. In my personal opinion, this one is really good.
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Barney and Lilly are the best things in this.

"Wait for it" got some serious consideration for my second son's middle name!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
(03-26-2013 09:16 PM)sickboy Wrote:  Barney and Lilly are the best things in this.

"Wait for it" got some serious consideration for my second son's middle name!

LOL! Dude! That would have been so awesome! That would be hilarious!

On an unrelated note...

Is your screen name (sickboy) a reference to the wrestler from Raven's Flock in WCW? Or is that just a coincidence? ;-) If not, what is it referencing?
03-27-2013, 08:21 PM
When I was 14 I was signing up to a Friday the 13th forum when one of my sister's friends who was staying over saw my horror collection and said I was one sick boy. Needed a screen name for the forum two minutes later and voila.

Nearly 14 years later and I still use it (and now own the site I was signing up to).
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Okay. So nothing to do with the wrestler, then. LOL!

[Image: Sickboy.jpg]

I like the name, though. Funny story of how you got it too. ;-)

Okay, question #2...

Does your avatar image happen to be a James Root SlipKnot mask?
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Ha! No, but now you've said it I kinda see it.

It's actually something I cooked up in photoshop. Started life as a photograph of my niece Zombie17
03-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Darn! I'm 0 for 2. Okay.... hmmmm... You are secretly a super intelligent donkey wearing a human suit in order to blend in?

....Ever stop and wonder how a conversation went from one topic to something completely not related... and then subsequently wonder about your own sanity? LOL!