Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fellow baldies with advice?
04-15-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Any fellow baldies with advice?
My wife has used an exfoliating cream on my head before it was St. Ives apricot. After I trimmed with the clippers she had me use that lightly on my scalp and I think it helped with the shave. I have her do it cause I've had some surgeries on my head and can no longer feel the skin so she handles it so I still have a scalp when I'm finished..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't know if what I have is the exact same thing, but the ex also suggested using this stuff you put on before the shaving cream while you are showering or whatever. Not really sure what it is supposed to do, but it helped a little as well. Still having trouble, though. I still nick myself at least once just about every time.
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
(04-18-2013 06:51 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I don't know if what I have is the exact same thing, but the ex also suggested using this stuff you put on before the shaving cream while you are showering or whatever. Not really sure what it is supposed to do, but it helped a little as well. Still having trouble, though. I still nick myself at least once just about every time.

Your head will toughen up over time. Im not sure about the stuff to stimulate the hairs I think it sounds a little rough for my sensitive skin head atleast. I just got with hot water in the shower to stimulate the hair follicles.
04-22-2013, 11:21 PM
(04-19-2013 03:02 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(04-18-2013 06:51 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I don't know if what I have is the exact same thing, but the ex also suggested using this stuff you put on before the shaving cream while you are showering or whatever. Not really sure what it is supposed to do, but it helped a little as well. Still having trouble, though. I still nick myself at least once just about every time.

Your head will toughen up over time. Im not sure about the stuff to stimulate the hairs I think it sounds a little rough for my sensitive skin head atleast. I just got with hot water in the shower to stimulate the hair follicles.

Hopefully you are correct. I will keep trying and time will tell.
04-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Hey there.

There are a few things you can do, to avoid nicking yourself. First of all, Make sure that the blade is SHARP. No i mean really sharp. There are a few ways to do this.
One: Change blades every single time. This is an expensive solution, and i dont recommend it.
Two: thoroughly clean your blade after each shave. I do it like this (No i'm not baldie, but i do shave daily, and i have really sensitive skin): After the shave, i take a little gel, and smear it on my arm, on the side with no hair. After i lather it up to foam, i take my razor, and stroke it 10 - 20 times in the opposite direction (Not the direction you use when you cut the hairs). After that i rinse it in hot water and beat the water off and then airdry. This keeps my blades usable for almost a month, which beats the normal surviving time of a blade with serveral days.

Also, the preparation before the shave is important. You want the skin to be moist and warm, as that makes it stretch more easily. I reckommend Using the trimmer to remove the longest hait. Then a good shower, and wash the scalp with a milt shampoo. After that, use a little conditioner. just let it sit on the scalp for a while, and rinse it off. Dry the scalp and proceed with the shave.

Use a good amount of Shaving gel. Dont be cheap here.

Happy shaving :-)
04-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you, Jabbadoor. Sounds like some good advice there. I will have to give that a try.
05-01-2013, 03:52 AM
I shaved my noggin tonight, inspired by the thread, I used my apricot scrub, rinsed, lathered up with Johnson's baby soap, shaved, then rubbed it down with some baby lotion.. Looks and feels like a baby's butt, minus the cleft... Watchmen02 I did use the wife's Venus... It's sooo much better for whatever reason..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
(05-01-2013 03:52 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I shaved my noggin tonight, inspired by the thread, I used my apricot scrub, rinsed, lathered up with Johnson's baby soap, shaved, then rubbed it down with some baby lotion.. Looks and feels like a baby's butt, minus the cleft... Watchmen02 I did use the wife's Venus... It's sooo much better for whatever reason..

Well... if you had a cleft in your head I think I might suggest you have a doctor take a look at it. LOL!

So, that is certainly a good thing.