Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fellow wrestling/WWE fans here?
08-29-2012, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 07:55 PM by vikinglad.)
RE: Any fellow wrestling/WWE fans here?
Like many of you, I used to like it when it was better. Either I changed or Wrasslin' changed, but it just doesn't seem the same anymore. I do still watch it if I flick by it on the TV now and then.

I liked it when I was in grade/high school. Back then, I loved Ultimate Warrior. Then Undertaker came out, and I thought he was the coolest thing ever. I loved him in the SuperNES game. I stopped watching about the time Stone Cold Steve Austin got famous. I felt like the only person on the planet that wasn't a fan. WTF 3:16. Admittedly, the Stunner is a fun move to put on friends, loved ones, and pets. Insane16

The Rock was funny, and I liked it when he got more popular than Austin. I started watching a bit more then, but it has tapered off dramatically now. I know nothing about John Cena, 'cept his name.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
(08-29-2012 07:54 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Like many of you, I used to like it when it was better. Either I changed or Wrasslin' changed, but it just doesn't seem the same anymore. I do still watch it if I flick by it on the TV now and then.

I liked it when I was in grade/high school. Back then, I loved Ultimate Warrior. Then Undertaker came out, and I thought he was the coolest thing ever. I loved him in the SuperNES game. I stopped watching about the time Stone Cold Steve Austin got famous. I felt like the only person on the planet that wasn't a fan. WTF 3:16. Admittedly, the Stunner is a fun move to put on friends, loved ones, and pets. Insane16

The Rock was funny, and I liked it when he got more popular than Austin. I started watching a bit more then, but it has tapered off dramatically now. I know nothing about John Cena, 'cept his name.

Yeah, you definitely hit the nail on the head with a big part of why I eventually finally stopped watching. One of the biggest problems they almost always have is with backing one guy WAY too much. I mean, I knew Austin a little from WCW and LOVED him in ECW. So, when he became Stone Cold, I was one of the people right there LOVING it. For a while, it was great.

Then, it NEVER ended. Everything was always about Stone Cold. It was practically Stone Cold TV. I got sick of it, and sick of him. Then, after a while, The Rock became popular and that was cool. Then they beat that to death too. So, Triple H became the heel everybody loved to hate... but for anybody who was a fan during those days... I don't even have to say anything more about that.

Then John Cena became the guy to hold the title for an eternity. It was during that time (but for many other reasons than just that) that I finally stopped watching.

They have improved a little since, but too little too late. Sad, really, because I was as die hard a fan as there ever could be... and somehow they found a way to ruin that. Like I said, I still follow everything, but I cannot watch on a regular basis anymore.
09-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Staypuft, you create any Wrestler characters yet?

I've always thought it would be fun, here's a Wrestler I thought up for laughs.

4 hit boxes.

Wrestler: Unable to use ranged attacks (except by "use the chair"). When carrying no hand-weapons rolls an extra fight dice and wins fights on ties.

Main Event: May discard a weapon to pull the first event card from the hero draw pile, or remove weapon from game to take an event from the discard pile (not play immediately)

Use the chair!: May discard any non-hand-weapon item to gain a bonus in combat (heroes choice)

1: Make zombie re-roll 1 fight dice.
2: roll an extra fight dice
3: Kill a zombie beaten in a fight
4: ranged attack (range of 2, 3+ to hit) that moves zombie backwards one space.

Probably way too powerful, but I like the feel of a washed up wrestler now on the small circuit getting trapped in the zombie attack. Throwing a revolver at a Zombie or finishing one off with a first-aid kit.
09-05-2012, 08:37 PM
(09-05-2012 06:40 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  Staypuft, you create any Wrestler characters yet?

I've always thought it would be fun, here's a Wrestler I thought up for laughs.

4 hit boxes.

Wrestler: Unable to use ranged attacks (except by "use the chair"). When carrying no hand-weapons rolls an extra fight dice and wins fights on ties.

Main Event: May discard a weapon to pull the first event card from the hero draw pile, or remove weapon from game to take an event from the discard pile (not play immediately)

Use the chair!: May discard any non-hand-weapon item to gain a bonus in combat (heroes choice)

1: Make zombie re-roll 1 fight dice.
2: roll an extra fight dice
3: Kill a zombie beaten in a fight
4: ranged attack (range of 2, 3+ to hit) that moves zombie backwards one space.

Probably way too powerful, but I like the feel of a washed up wrestler now on the small circuit getting trapped in the zombie attack. Throwing a revolver at a Zombie or finishing one off with a first-aid kit.

That is really awesome! LOL! I may just have to use that. I've not yet made any custom characters for LNOE. I'm not as likely to necessarily do that just because I love the miniatures. If I made a custom character, it wouldn't be very likely I'd have a miniature for them. Though, if I could find a miniature to represent a character I wanted to create, I may have to go for it.

Though, ironically, I have created a few of the LNOE heroes as "Create a Wrestler" characters in the latest WWE video game (WWE '12). LOL! Though, my PS3 currently needs to be repaired again.
09-06-2012, 01:23 AM
(09-05-2012 08:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Though, ironically, I have created a few of the LNOE heroes as "Create a Wrestler" characters in the latest WWE video game (WWE '12). LOL! Though, my PS3 currently needs to be repaired again.

That's awesome, you need to create a stable of Zombie wrestlers to run in and interfere with their matches.
09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
(09-06-2012 01:23 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 08:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Though, ironically, I have created a few of the LNOE heroes as "Create a Wrestler" characters in the latest WWE video game (WWE '12). LOL! Though, my PS3 currently needs to be repaired again.

That's awesome, you need to create a stable of Zombie wrestlers to run in and interfere with their matches.

LOL! That would be awesome. Funny enough, I actually downloaded a zombie clown from the thingy within the online part of the game where other people can upload their created wrestlers for you to download. That was a few games back, though, and sadly I could never find him in the games to follow. Guess the guy never made him again. Sadly, I have no artistic talent. The LNOE heroes were generic-looking enough that I was able to easily make characters that look reasonably like them, but I could never make something as complex as a zombie myself.