Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any of you guys remember any of these retro toys I just dug out the loft?
06-18-2011, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 06:36 PM by samuraitrev.)
Any of you guys remember any of these retro toys I just dug out the loft?
The first four of these toys I picked up on car boot sales over 15 years ago.

First up is an action force (later renamed Gi Joe). I have loads of these guys in the loft in a box (All opened and well used!). Over a hundred. Most have still got their weapons too. They were my favorite toys. I remember many epic battles where it always ended with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fighting to the bitter end... Happy daysWatchmen02

Next up is an original Star Wars figure Weequay. I have a few of these in the loft 20 odd (all opened and well used!). I didn't have that many of these as they were more expensive and I always prefered Action Force.

Anyone remember Bravestar he was some kinda space ranger. I was never really into these but I thought I'd get it 'cos Tex Hex was my favorite.

Last of all is Jack Skellington from the amazing Nightmare Before Christmas film. An ex gf bought it me and I was just about to throw away the box because I thought it would'nt be worth anything until I looked on the net and found it going for up to $ 139.99!

I've also found out some He Man figures and some Action Force Vehicles. I just wish I'd kept my huge collection of transformer toys. I had the original Optimus Prime! I've still got stacks of old comics too I might get round to reading again.

So you got any toys from yesteryear tucked away too? I'd like to hear about themWatchmen02

Cool I just found a couple of Thundercats too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: Any of you guys remember any of these retro toys I just dug out the loft?
I have a wall of Transformer toys. I'll have to take a picture of it. It's quite impressive.

I also have the Bravestar figure... My brother had the Tex Hex guy so we could "fight" each other.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2011, 07:54 PM
(06-18-2011 07:06 PM)Sarku Wrote:  I have a wall of Transformer toys. I'll have to take a picture of it. It's quite impressive.

I also have the Bravestar figure... My brother had the Tex Hex guy so we could "fight" each other.

I defo would like to see the Transformers!
06-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Do I remember them......HELL YEAH !!
Check this out...currently in my livingroom.

[Image: IMG_7506.JPG]
[Image: IMG_7508.JPG]
[Image: IMG_7507.JPG]

Weequay was my first ever Star Wars figure I bought with my allowance as a youngster. Watchmen02
I have great memories of playing with my Star Wars toys. Always wanted an AT-AT but never did get one. To expensive, mom always said. Now I have 2 Watchmen02
I always tried to build vehicles and bunkers for my figs with my Space Lego sets.

I still have 4 Star Wars figures on card, up for sale at the moment.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-19-2011, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 12:25 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Yes if we had not used & just saved our 'Toys' from childhood we could cash in now.
I remember those huge Marx Playsets from the 50's & the 40's mechanical toys...my Ferris Wheel
is worth big money now(well it would be if I had it).

But alas I'm left with a wood horse (you could ride it & even the wheels were wood as it was during
WWII & metal/rubber was scarce) a small lead frog & a couple of small plastic easter bunnies.

Personal good times indeed.

OD

ps amazing collection Emp!

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow Emp! That's a fantastic Star Wars figure collection! It looks like they've all got their weapons too!

Thanks for posting!
06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I have the darth vader from that same ROTJ run that your Weequay is from, still in the package. I also have about 20 or so of these guys out of their packages. I love Star Wars toys, and got even more into collecting them when the new ones came out int he late 90's. I probably have 50 or so of them in the package still. I used to have it wallpapering my room, but they are in storage now.

I remember Bravestar! Always wanted to try it. Didn't they shoot lasers at eachother, a la lasertag? And they would fall over if hit and stuff. I think the cartoon may have "shot" at the toys while you wathced it too. Another cool one like that from back in the day was Captain Power. The spaceships could shoot at eachother and the TV show, and they would blow up a bit if hit enough.
06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks OD Watchmen02

Yep, most of them still have their weapons. The ones on display are all the different figs I have and I still have many doubles in storage. I used to put them all on display with the vehicles so you need several stormtroopers, commanders, ... Zombie03

I'll see if I can find some fotos of my SW room I had back in those dark days when I was married. I have some here but they are hardcopy not digital. Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-21-2011, 06:35 PM
@vikinglad yeah they used to have lasers. I remember thinking they were pretty hitech at the time!

@Emp I would love to see them photos of the vehicles! I can't get over how epic that collection is!
06-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Anybody else out there remember Garbage Pail Kids? I still have all my originals in plastic in a binder. Most of series 2, 3, 4, 5, and lots from series after that too.