Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any one using a fan made Hero?
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Question Any one using a fan made Hero?
And if so what mini do you use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
RE: Any one using a fan made Hero?
Beorndog Wrote:And if so what mini do you use?

Haven't used any for just that reason of trying to find decent minis to represent them. Then again I haven't used any fan created or homebrew's yet.

Although I wouldn't mind using the ones that a gentlemen made on the Geek of the townsfolk. Just need to find minis that are close to what they look like.

I always thought it would be cool if Flying Frog would release an expansion set with the Townsfolk as option player characters with minis. It would come with some new cards and some townsfolk tokens and cards for the Heroes already represented as player characters in the game so as to replace heroes for townsfolk.

I think it could add some nice small dynamics to the game. Maybe call it LNOE:Take Back The Night or something like that.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-25-2008, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2008 03:09 PM by zombie67.)
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I always thought it would be cool if Flying Frog would release an expansion set with the Townsfolk as option player characters with minis. It would come with some new cards and some townsfolk tokens and cards for the Heroes already represented as player characters in the game so as to replace heroes for townsfolk.

I do remember Jason Hill (who is now a member of thezombiegame.com....Hi Jason Zombie03 Zombie17) mentioning on BGG some time ago about playable Townsfolk in a future expansion but can't seem to find the post now. I don't think there were plan for Townsfolk minis though.

Beorndog, I haven't used or made any fan Heros myself yet but a great place for Adventurer minis is Hasslefree:

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/index.php

Look under the Adventurers section in the shop.

They do the "Shaun of the Dead" minis which have been up on BGG.
08-25-2008, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2008 05:36 PM by Beorndog.)
I believe the fact that there are no available Hero minis for the fan created heros we have so far hits the nail on the head as to why no one is (apparently) using them. Thanks Zombie, I had found the Hasslefree site and they are the best source of potential hero minis. I also found some good ones at cold war miniatures thanks to the Zombie-mini thread EMP started. It seems to me the way to make fan created hero that people will actually use is to base one on the minis that already exist.

http://www.cold-war.co.uk/

Edit: Actually the Cold War survivor mini #3 would work well with Krueger the survivalist by BloodyJack on the Geek if one changed the photo on the card.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/532

If I may expand the question. Is any one using ANY fan created material besides scenarios (which seem to be popular)? Runehardt has put out things such as the Mine Shaft, Molotov Cocktail station and central spawning pit on the Geek. Has any one tried these?
03-13-2009, 03:32 AM
any one know where i can get plastic minis like the game has?
04-26-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks Ryuk, sorry it took so long to reply could not find this site another one with the same name.