Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody else soooo wish you had $8000 to blow?
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Wink Anybody else soooo wish you had $8000 to blow?
Am I the only one wishing I had $8000 to spare so I could pledge at the highest level? I mean, the chance to visit the HQ and meet the team alone is pretty cool....

But getting to actually be a hero in an upcoming expansion for one of the games?! Complete with a miniature modeled after you?!?!?! That is freaking awesome!!!!

I find myself wishing I would suddenly hit the lottery between now and the end of the Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter so I can up my pledge to $8000. I would soooo kill to have myself as a playable character in a Flying Frog Productions game.... especially Last Night On Earth. Wouldn't mind pairing my character up with Sally or Nikki. ;-) LOL!

Heck, even the $4000 level would be pretty cool. Getting to be a zombie in some of the artwork for a new expansion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Anybody else soooo wish you had $8000 to blow?
That's a bit too much for me even if I had the $( I wasn't aware this was an option-
I tend to zone out when that 3rd Zero gets added).

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Huh. I haven't even looked yet. KS leaves me frigid ice cold. Plus I'd already lost interest in this one. Sad, but just not my thang. Insane19

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM
If I had 8k it would be going toward bills.
10-29-2013, 03:34 PM
LOL! Oh, perhaps you all misunderstood. I must most definitely agree that $8000 is pretty pricey, even for what they are offering. Hence why I said I find myself wishing I'd win the lottery. LOL!

Because, agreed, $8000 is a lot of money to spend on a board game, even with an awesome reward like getting yourself as a playable character. It would be the kind of money I'd only spend if I actually had that kind of money to just throw around. Like, if I had so much money that $8000 really didn't mean much to me.

Still.... find myself wishing I did have that kind of money so I could afford to do it. Because, that is still really awesome. But, $8000 is just way too much to spend. Kinda wish they made it a little more realistic of a level, but I can imagine it would be a nightmare for them if a ton of people selected that option. Hence why it had to be so cost prohibitive.
11-01-2013, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 01:27 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Did that lottery come through StayPuff? Someone pledged the $8000 Hero Level.
If it wasn't you they still have 3 left.

OD

11-06-2013, 08:07 PM
(11-01-2013 01:26 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Did that lottery come through StayPuff? Someone pledged the $8000 Hero Level.
If it wasn't you they still have 3 left.

OD

Seriously? I can't believe somebody actually pledged at that level. That is awesome for whomever that may be. It wasn't me. I wish. LOL!

If you happen to see a news report of a bald dude with a goatee and glasses winning the lottery somewhere in the Philadelphia, PA area... then see somebody ELSE pledge at the $8,000 level the next day.... that may be me. LOL!

But, as I said, $8,000 is a bit too much for me to spend on a board game, even with the awesome stuff you get for that. Literally, I'd have to have so much money that $8,000 meant little to nothing to me. Boy, do I wish I could say that was the case. LOL!
11-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Alas the $8000 pledge pulled out, but I never thought it was a serious pledge anyway.
I'm glad it's out now rather than a possible screw things up doing the last day.

OD

11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
(11-06-2013 09:13 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Alas the $8000 pledge pulled out, but I never thought it was a serious pledge anyway.
I'm glad it's out now rather than a possible screw things up doing the last day.

OD

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want to see that person pull out on the last day. Still, that sort of thing really kind of ticks me off. I mean, why pledge at such a high level if you aren't going to take it seriously. I mean, maybe they seriously were intending to pledge that high and then just later realized they couldn't, but I seriously doubt it. It was probably just somebody being a jerk.

Not only is that wrong to the people running the project, but then it also screws with the other backers. That can make a big difference as to the levels for the stretch goals. I know there probably just isn't much they can do about a-holes who want to screw around, but I wish there was some way they could control the higher pledge levels more so that you couldn't make them unless you are serious. Granted, of course there should still be a way to cancel if, God forbid, you did seriously intend to pledge that high and then something came up and you realized you couldn't. Hey, sometimes life happens. But, it would be nice if you couldn't do that just to be a jerk.
11-08-2013, 12:04 AM
We were lucky it didn't drop the SG back, as it is we kept the Dog & we're over
the next SG. Hopefully we roll up the void hounds by tomorrow.

I wish FFP would break out some more SG & Add-ons for MC but I imagine
their waiting until closer to the end before throwing out the raw meat.

OD