Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody meet any of the actors, or Jason Hill himself?
06-25-2012, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 09:51 PM by StayPuft.)
Anybody meet any of the actors, or Jason Hill himself?
Has anybody ever gone to a convention or anything like that where they brought along some of the actors, and actually met any of them? That would be really cool to meet some of them, or even get a picture with them. I have heard that Flying Frog often goes to conventions and brings the actors in full costume.

For that matter, has anybody ever met Jason Hill himself? Feel free to share any stories. I'm still new to the game (and have never been to very many conventions), so I have not ever met any of them.

Also, does anybody know if they still tour? I tried to look on their website to see if they may be coming near me, but they didn't seem to have any recent dates on the site at all, even under the news.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: Anybody meet any of the actors, or Jason Hill himself?
Plenty of them were at GenCon both times I was there, so yep.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
As I recall, they're not 'actors' so much as 'employees of Flying Frog Games'. Many of them are at PAX Prime every year, manning the booth in costume and teaching people how to play the games. I've made a point of stopping by the booth and buying something every year since 2009, just because it's a lot of fun, though crowded.

I'm not sure that I've met Jason Hill, though. Is he pictured on any of the cards for any games? I'd be able to tell if I'd seen that...
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
They have hired some actors. Billy, for example, was a hired hand.
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 07:18 PM by StayPuft.)
That is cool, though, that the give some of their employees a chance to actually be in the games. I had heard something like that. That some of the characters were played by their friends and/or co-workers. That would actually make it much easier to bring some of them along to conventions. Instead of having to check with an actor for their availability, you just schedule your co-worker to come along if they want, or ask your friend if they'd want to come along in costume.

mqstout,

Did you get any pictures, or get them to autograph your copy of the game or anything like that?

As for Jason Hill, I believe I've seen him in a few YouTube videos. For example:

Interview with Jason Hill
06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Some of the actors even lurk here Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
I still think one of my best con experiences was being taught how to play A Touch of Evil by Harlow Morgan. Got a sale the moment we were done with that introductory session... And then I went back the next day and bought Something Wicked and HP1.

It's also fun to talk to Cartwright. He's forever, you know...
06-28-2012, 02:31 AM
(06-27-2012 01:35 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote:  I still think one of my best con experiences was being taught how to play A Touch of Evil by Harlow Morgan. Got a sale the moment we were done with that introductory session... And then I went back the next day and bought Something Wicked and HP1.

Ooh which Cartwright was it?! Jake? Alexander? I bet it was Heinrich. Yeah, I'd like to meet Heinrich. Freak02 Watchmen02
---MS Watchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
(06-28-2012 02:31 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(06-27-2012 01:35 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote:  I still think one of my best con experiences was being taught how to play A Touch of Evil by Harlow Morgan. Got a sale the moment we were done with that introductory session... And then I went back the next day and bought Something Wicked and HP1.

Ooh which Cartwright was it?! Jake? Alexander? I bet it was Heinrich. Yeah, I'd like to meet Heinrich. Freak02 Watchmen02
---MS Watchmen01

I've met Jake and Heinrich in previous years. I didn't spend enough time at the booth last year to see Alexander (though I did make a bit of an ass of myself and complain to Jake about the cards not having a linen finish, not having thought about what photo-based artwork would look like on that... Zombie24 )