Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody play "Oh No...Zombies" board game?
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Anybody play "Oh No...Zombies" board game?
I was looking for other horror board games to play along with (but never instead of, LOL) Last Night On Earth. For two main reasons really (plus just the fact that I'd love to have more horror games).

One, my gaming group is always bringing in new games that we play as well as LNOE, so I'd love to bring in some more as well. Two, we are actually planning to do a special Halloween gaming night sometime in October. It will probably wind up being horror themed board games like LNOE.

So, while searching for more horror board games, I came across "Oh No....Zombies." I've heard of it before but never played. Has anybody played this before? Is it any good?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Anybody play "Oh No...Zombies" board game?
Staypuft,

Oh No Zombies!! is actually the game that led me to look for more zombie games and to find LNOE.

It's a fun little game but it's very basic - more for a family than a hardcore "gamer".

The only characters are 4 heroes, the zombified version of the 4 heroes (swapped in if your character is eaten), and I think 6 zombies. The heroes are all the same sculpt (just different colors) and the zombies are the same sculpt but different shades of green.

The board is small with very limited movement (it's basically concentric circles with a few paths connecting the circles to one another). Nobody controls the zombies, players take turns rolling for zombie movement and then certain zombies have to move that amount toward the closest human.

The best thing about the game is that it's not that scary if you have kids and that you can win either as a hero (by getting to a radio item and returning with it to a safehouse) or as a zombie (if you are zombified and then kill the last human player).

So as I said my kids and I had fun but don't expect anything like a LNOE experience - it does not have the same movie atmosphere or high-quality components (minis, cards, board) and it always plays the same because there is only one board that does not change and only one scenario (goal).

Customer support disappointed me also. One of my hero characters came with 2 hero versions and not the zombified version. I e-mailed them and they told me they would take care of it then never got back to me and never sent me the extra mini to complete the set. I could have stayed on them to harass them but it didn't seem worth it.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
09-04-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: Anybody play "Oh No...Zombies" board game?
(08-31-2012 10:58 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Staypuft,

Oh No Zombies!! is actually the game that led me to look for more zombie games and to find LNOE.

It's a fun little game but it's very basic - more for a family than a hardcore "gamer".

The only characters are 4 heroes, the zombified version of the 4 heroes (swapped in if your character is eaten), and I think 6 zombies. The heroes are all the same sculpt (just different colors) and the zombies are the same sculpt but different shades of green.

The board is small with very limited movement (it's basically concentric circles with a few paths connecting the circles to one another). Nobody controls the zombies, players take turns rolling for zombie movement and then certain zombies have to move that amount toward the closest human.

The best thing about the game is that it's not that scary if you have kids and that you can win either as a hero (by getting to a radio item and returning with it to a safehouse) or as a zombie (if you are zombified and then kill the last human player).

So as I said my kids and I had fun but don't expect anything like a LNOE experience - it does not have the same movie atmosphere or high-quality components (minis, cards, board) and it always plays the same because there is only one board that does not change and only one scenario (goal).

Customer support disappointed me also. One of my hero characters came with 2 hero versions and not the zombified version. I e-mailed them and they told me they would take care of it then never got back to me and never sent me the extra mini to complete the set. I could have stayed on them to harass them but it didn't seem worth it.

Okay. Thanks for sharing, goodcop. So, it sounds like one I would enjoy playing, and love to have in my collection, but not necessarily one to bring to the gaming group. It more so sounds like one to play with friends who either enjoy zombies, board games, or both. ;-)