Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Collect/play Warhammer Fantasy
02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Anyone Collect/play Warhammer Fantasy
I'm currently working on Warriors of chaos and Vampire counts armies. I couldn't resist vampire counts do to their control over mass amounts of zombies. Plus the ability to rise them from the grave or after they get slayed.

Wondering if anyone plays in the DFW area. I currently play with a few gamers ,but more the merrier.

When the Dead Walk, the Living Run.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 07:23 AM
RE: Anyone Collect/play Warhammer Fantasy
I have some empire, dwarf and goblin armies in storage

I also have my eye on the Mantic undead range for kings of war to do double duty, those zombie minis look awesome!
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I have been "starting to get into it" for like 5 years now. I tried pulling the trigger last year and started a Scaven army, read through all the rules and all that. None of my friends around me play though (SD), so that makes it kinda hard to kick-start.
03-11-2011, 02:56 AM
I just play the games, not TT. Love the lore though.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
My first fig.Game that I went sort of crazy over was WarHammer Quest & I got & painted tons of figs for it from the WH line.
Later Mortheim got me into more figs,I have a couple editions of WH but never played the Game as such.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I play Blood Bowl from time to time with friends. I have a team of goblins (well, they're actually each several Snotlings, crushed into roughly Goblin-shape, according to the backstory, since when I built the team, Snotlings weren't allowed to be a team), and they're a little confused on the rules. At the end of every game, they're quite happy because they're certain they got more home runs than the other team.

The guy with the ball and chain is my favorite, as the ball in question was painted to resemble a giant baseball.
04-06-2011, 07:34 AM
(02-15-2011 07:12 PM)Roland45cal Wrote:  I'm currently working on Warriors of chaos and Vampire counts armies. I couldn't resist vampire counts do to their control over mass amounts of zombies. Plus the ability to rise them from the grave or after they get slayed.

Wondering if anyone plays in the DFW area. I currently play with a few gamers ,but more the merrier.

Bloodbowl quite a bit at one time. Then I cobbled together a complete copy of Warhammer Quest finally and really enjoy that. I like collecting/painting the minis and using them in a dungeon setting without having to worry so much about the more complicated rules and using rulers, etc that are in the tabletop game.

Haven't played it much now that D&D Ravenloft has come out.
04-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I have a huge Vampire Count army for Warhammer and I have Blood Bowl too. I love both games but never get to play them much now. The main games I get to play now are LNOE and LOTR.

My all time favorites from yesteryear (which I own) are Heroquest and Space Hulk 1st Edition.
04-08-2011, 02:39 AM
I've got a bunch of armies. Only played twice though.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user