Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone have the SE CD?
02-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Anyone have the SE CD?
Is the CD interesting? And, more importantly, are the cards that come with it worth having?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
RE: Anyone have the SE CD?
The cards are okay, the CD's more of the same -- it's a few extra tracks in the very same style. The other things they sell are better to get first.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you for the info. I haven't heard any of the original CD, but from what I read most people aren't too thrilled with it.
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
The CD's get mixed reviews.I think a lot of the negative
stuff comes from people (like me:shyWatchmen02 who expected to
play them doing the Game as atmosphere.That really doesn't work.Its too distracting & the beats are just off,as when your
buying some herbs & the track is going like a chase scene.

For the Game play something dark, moody & strictly background,Play the FFP CD's before the Game to create some mood.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-17-2009, 06:20 AM
It's not for everyone, obviously, no music can be, but check it out for yourself: http://www.myspace.com/thezombiegame
02-17-2009, 07:05 AM
I bought it recently and took it (and the A Touch of Evil soundtrack) with me for my drive to work the other day...I gained a new appreciation for the soundtrack. Mary did a wonderful job, especially with some nice touches like the Drifter and Sheriff's songs. My only REAL complaint with the Last Night on Earth CD is it drifts way too much into a techno sound at points and I personally don't care for that.

The A Touch of Evil soundtrack really impressed me...good music and no such techno excursions. I think both CDs would work as ambiance if you play the appropriate tracks at the appropriate times, and don't just run them on a loop as you play.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 01:34 PM by n107.)
Thanks for the link. They don't sound all that bad, but I probably wouldn't play the CD while playing the game. I'd probably just keep a zombie movie on in the background for atmosphere.
02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I think the CD's are great inspiration for the game(s). I also have the SE CD and the extra tracks are worth it as are the cards. We just play the original CD then the SE CD after it.

I really LOVE the ATOE soundtrack. Very well done. Look forward to the next game and I hope that there is a soundtrack with each one.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
02-23-2009, 02:45 AM
So would you say the AToE soundtrack is better than LNoE? I've only heard the LNoE songs on the page from the links, but I haven't heard any of AToE. The gaming shop in the city near me added an order for AToE so I should get it next month and am looking forward to it.
02-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Personally, I like it better. I don't hate LNoE's soundtrack, but overall I'd say AToE is the stronger effort.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays