Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
09-04-2008, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 10:23 AM by theconcerned.)
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
Beorndog Wrote:Oh I don't want to bug Jason about it. I'm sure he has plenty to do. I'll just keep an eye out for them.

Yeah, I'm sure too. I asked him a while back on BGG if there were more planned promo items, and he said "yes." So we at least know something's in the works . . .

Edit: here's the actual answer he gave:

Me: There are 20 promo cards, including the Stock Up scenario and the two from the CD (all nicely numbered 1-20). My question is, do you intend to leave LNOE's promos at 20 (since it's a nice round number), or are there planned future releases of more promo cards? I know that you're actively working on your next game, but I also know that you've said in the past that you intend to continue to release stuff for LNOE.

Jason: The number of LNOE Promo cards is intended to be ongoing and will be added to in the (near) future. The 'Promo' numbering system is used for any promotional Alternate Image cards as well as special release cards (such as the web-exclusive Supplement(s) and Special Edition CD Soundtrack).

Me: Which leads me to another question: specifically in regards to LNOE, after the scenario book is out, what type of releases do you intend to do? More web-based stuff like the web scenarios, or more physical stuff like expansions and cards? Obviously, you don't have to give specific details, but I wouldn't complain if you did . . .

Jason: All of the above. One of our mission statements as a company is to create fun games, but to also continue supporting those games long after their initial release. You can expect to see more online web scenarios and other material, more web-exclusive supplements (like 'Stock Up!"), retail release expansions of various sizes, and more, continuing on into the future.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
theconcerned Wrote:Jason: All of the above. One of our mission statements as a company is to create fun games, but to also continue supporting those games long after their initial release. You can expect to see more online web scenarios and other material, more web-exclusive supplements (like 'Stock Up!"), retail release expansions of various sizes, and more, continuing on into the future.
- Jason
Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

This is so cool !!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Emp Wrote:
theconcerned Wrote:Jason: All of the above. One of our mission statements as a company is to create fun games, but to also continue supporting those games long after their initial release. You can expect to see more online web scenarios and other material, more web-exclusive supplements (like 'Stock Up!"), retail release expansions of various sizes, and more, ctinuing on into the future.
- Jason
Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

This is so cool !!

It does sound cool, but I just worry that with two games out and a third in the works, the support he's talking about will be really watered down. I understand the need for growth, but I'd hate to see LNOE suffer because of it. From the correspondence that I've read, it sounds like web updates were supposed to happen a lot more often . . .
09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
hmm yeah, you are right about that. I can only speak for myself but since I'm a zombiefan I will probably will not be picking op ATOE just because it just isn't realy my thing. Ghosts and vampires just don't do it for me. The third game I just will wait untill it's released to check it out. It does interest me a little as I see allot of potential and originality for this game. But my frist love is and always will be LNEO because of the zombies. It would be a shame to see it go down the drain due to the 2 new games.
I don't mind that the webupdates don't happen that often because ordering a new set online every 2 weeks would ruin me on shipping alone. I would rather see a book or even better...another big box with goodies to add to my collection of LNEO. If that means I have to wait 4 months, so be it.
But I hope that the watering down doesn't happen and FFP will give the extra attention to LNEO, wich it obviously disserves.
I sure hope Jason reads all this...hell, I wouldn't even mind that he speaks up on this matter because he is the only one who knows the real facts.
Promises are useless...hard action is what we need Watchmen02

09-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Emp Wrote:hmm yeah, you are right about that. I can only speak for myself but since I'm a zombiefan I will probably will not be picking op ATOE just because it just isn't realy my thing. Ghosts and vampires just don't do it for me. The third game I just will wait untill it's released to check it out. It does interest me a little as I see allot of potential and originality for this game. But my frist love is and always will be LNEO because of the zombies. It would be a shame to see it go down the drain due to the 2 new games.
I don't mind that the webupdates don't happen that often because ordering a new set online every 2 weeks would ruin me on shipping alone. I would rather see a book or even better...another big box with goodies to add to my collection of LNEO. If that means I have to wait 4 months, so be it.
But I hope that the watering down doesn't happen and FFP will give the extra attention to LNEO, wich it obviously disserves.
I sure hope Jason reads all this...hell, I wouldn't even mind that he speaks up on this matter because he is the only one who knows the real facts.
Promises are useless...hard action is what we need Watchmen02

Yup, Jason would be welcome to chime in here.
09-06-2008, 01:45 AM
I pm'd Jason and he loves the little community we created here. Which is pretty cool, I think. Hopefully he'll chime in every once in a while...

That being said, I owe everything to you guys. You helped make tzg.com the place that it is. I think I'm going to continue running it for quite a while. I really hope you guys like it. I was hoping there were some other fans of LNOE out there in the world. At least there are 69 of them, huh!? You regulars... man... I love you guys. I really do. If I ever get the chance to visit you guys overseas, I totally will. Emp, Zombie67... good guys... And members that are close... maybe we can plan an event or something... even if it's just a weekend LNOE gaming session... that'd be so fun. There are at least 4 or 5 members that are within driving distance... that'd make for an excellent event... we should schedule... off hand, I know Old Dwarf is kind of close... I'm not sure who else... but I know there are some!!!

Thanks everyone... I'm going to kill non-contributors soon... so if you want to remain on the board... CONTRIBUTE!!! You have a week... lazy munions. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
09-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Sarku Wrote:I pm'd Jason and he loves the little community we created here. Which is pretty cool, I think. Hopefully he'll chime in every once in a while...

That being said, I owe everything to you guys. You helped make tzg.com the place that it is. I think I'm going to continue running it for quite a while. I really hope you guys like it. I was hoping there were some other fans of LNOE out there in the world. At least there are 69 of them, huh!? You regulars... man... I love you guys. I really do. If I ever get the chance to visit you guys overseas, I totally will. Emp, Zombie67... good guys... And members that are close... maybe we can plan an event or something... even if it's just a weekend LNOE gaming session... that'd be so fun. There are at least 4 or 5 members that are within driving distance... that'd make for an excellent event... we should schedule... off hand, I know Old Dwarf is kind of close... I'm not sure who else... but I know there are some!!!

Thanks everyone... I'm going to kill non-contributors soon... so if you want to remain on the board... CONTRIBUTE!!! You have a week... lazy munions. Zombie03

I am here Watchmen02 just lazy with not much to say or add Watchmen02 Don't kill me, I might start crying.
09-06-2008, 03:58 PM
You don't have to worry. I'm talking those with low post counts and/or last visits of more than a month ago. I think that there are quite a number of "members" that need to be liquidated.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Sarku Wrote:You don't have to worry. I'm talking those with low post counts and/or last visits of more than a month ago. I think that there are quite a number of "members" that need to be liquidated.

I love a good purge....but I've posted to avoid the AxZombie17

M

This night...I feel your breath
This night...I hear your voice!!
When you walk my dark path, love like a bloodbath
09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Sarku Wrote:If I ever get the chance to visit you guys overseas, I totally will. Emp, Zombie67... good guys...

If you ever decide to fly, sail, swim or even walk across that big pond just shout and you are more than welcome to hang around overhere. I'll even set up a gamenight in your honor so you can meet others like Zoas, Mentara and Verage. Zombie03