Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
So I guess the answer to my original question is "no." It would seem that no one else out there has the complete promo set . . . which is interesting. I'd guess they're more of a collector's item than I had realized.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
theconcerned Wrote:So I guess the answer to my original question is "no." It would seem that no one else out there has the complete promo set . . . which is interesting. I'd guess they're more of a collector's item than I had realized.

I actually do have a complete set. A little easier for me then for some but I hardly count since I have an inside contact.

Personally I like promo cards in general. I like getting that little piece of something special that not everyone seems to have. In this case of course it is possible for everyone to at least get a chance to get them, But some people don't care to, or just arn't interested. I have always just liked the idea of that special something.

I have heard of a couple of folks getting complete sets but not a lot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
hello,

i don't have promo cards for the moment but i am really looking for them.

@ concerned : i am like you and i always want to have all the things around a game...wished it coud be otherwise :rolleyes:

@ energizercoonie : if you or someone else could help me build my set it would be really nice !!!!

many thanks in advance
09-30-2008, 05:06 AM
powerwis Wrote:hello,

i don't have promo cards for the moment but i am really looking for them.

@ concerned : i am like you and i always want to have all the things around a game...wished it coud be otherwise :rolleyes:

@ energizercoonie : if you or someone else could help me build my set it would be really nice !!!!

many thanks in advance

See? This has been my number one issue with promos right from the beginning: they're great for people with the game right from the start, but what about the people who come in a little late? They wind up feeling left out, and like they're missing something. I feel for you because I know if I was you I'd feel the same way. Kinda sucks.
09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't have any of the promo cards, and I am a rabid fan of LNoE....I don't really feel 'left out' though.

I wouldn't mind picking them up, but the game is still more than enjoyable as is.

I do, however, think it's time for me to buy that STOCK UP set from the Webstore!
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
supervike Wrote:I don't have any of the promo cards, and I am a rabid fan of LNoE....I don't really feel 'left out' though.

I wouldn't mind picking them up, but the game is still more than enjoyable as is.

I do, however, think it's time for me to buy that STOCK UP set from the Webstore!

agreed.
09-30-2008, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 08:12 PM by powerwis.)
Toungue RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
supervike Wrote:I don't have any of the promo cards, and I am a rabid fan of LNoE....I don't really feel 'left out' though.

you're right but for people as 'theconcerned' and i (called completists) it is difficult to enjoy the game without having all the goodies (it is surely false but we think that there's something missing and that we're playing with half of the game and not the complete one) !
09-30-2008, 11:19 PM
You make a good point.

I understand the 'completists' attitude very much....

I'll probably regret not having thems someday as well, but I'm just having such a blast with the game, and I've yet to play through all the scenarios!

Maybe once I get through them all, and the game gets stale....