Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards
08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards
I have well over 200 of these Lovecraftian monsters (all in this same art style) and need someone with plenty of AToE rules creation experience to help me with their abilities and/or minions.

I want to do all 200+ Villain Cards and Minion Sheets as well as their game pieces.

Ill do all the template work and add the art (and even game peices).
I just need a creative and experienced rules creator.
We can do as little or as many as you want.

Ill upload them all under the download section giving credit to all involved.

Let me know if anyone (or even a few individuals) want to give AToE an incredible boost!

WK

PS. I am also working on custom maps as well.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 07:32 PM by j0hnnn.)
RE: Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards
I coult try to help ya... i've have A lot of ATOE stuff... don't play it as much as i play LNOE but if you wanna i could help i guess...

Would need some directions from you on what to do or how a give creature should feel in game experience.
I coult try to help ya... i've have A lot of ATOE stuff... don't play it as much as i play LNOE but if you wanna i could help i guess...

Would need some directions from you on what to do or how a give creature should feel in game experience.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
08-29-2012, 09:53 PM
(08-29-2012 07:32 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  I coult try to help ya... i've have A lot of ATOE stuff... don't play it as much as i play LNOE but if you wanna i could help i guess...

Hey John

Id love your help.
Feel free to give me ideas for the creatures abilities and feel as well.

Anyone else is welcome to help as there are alot of monsters.

I will ulpoad a few at a time in this thread and work on them when you have time.
08-29-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 11:41 PM by vikinglad.)
I will try to help out too. I love ATOE and play it more than any other FFP game lately. However, I am not familiar with many of the Lovecraft monsters, so I (we?) are going to need a bit of direction from you as to what the unique traits are for each Villian should be highlighted by their gameplay.

Great project. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Do you have the Something Wicked expansion? There is a Cthulu-type villian called the Unspeakable Horror that is really fun to play.

I don't think this template is in the Downloads section. Can we add it there, please?
08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
(08-29-2012 11:39 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I will try to help out too. I love ATOE and play it more than any other FFP game lately. However, I am not familiar with many of the Lovecraft monsters, so I (we?) are going to need a bit of direction from you as to what the unique traits are for each Villian should be highlighted by their gameplay.

Great project. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Do you have the Something Wicked expansion? There is a Cthulu-type villian called the Unspeakable Horror that is really fun to play.

I don't think this template is in the Downloads section. Can we add it there, please?

Hey VikingLad yes I uploaded the template, its there now Watchmen02

As for Lovecratian direction...Im not the one that would be suitable for that as Im a brand new fan myself!

I was thinking of just going for it! Make things to our taste but with the Lovecraft look and feel.

Or if we have someone else here that is very knowledgable with the mythos and is willing to direct things thats cool too!

I just want to not only add more monsters/villains to AToE but give it a creepy lovecraft feel.

So Im down with whatever direction you guys are willing to go.

Ill supply the cool visuals but I need help with everything else.
08-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Gotcha. There are more than a few Lovecraft fans on the site. Hopefully they will chime in and help us out.
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Wisdom Knight,

This sounds like an impressive project. I did not see this post when I searched the site for insanity meters. I would gladly help. I am fairly new to most of the mythos, but I think this is awesome.

My first few questions/thoughts:

Are players going to be able to go against the Outer Gods? (Azathoth, Yog Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, ...etc) or just the old ones and their disciples (Cthulhu, Hastur, Ithaqua, etc...)?

Would creatures like Deep Ones, Byakees and NightGaunts be minions or villains?

Would the darkness meter work in this game, or just use the sanity meters?

Are you planning on making new mystery/event cards or using the delivered ones?

Wow, this is big. Already my mind is racing.
08-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Hey Jack,

Yeah I was still planning on using the darkness meter.
Short answer to the other questions is I just don't know.
I was originally, and still most likely still will just make things my own as I go, unless I have an experienced Lovecraft/Mythos guy help me.
Im glad you find this an exciting project Watchmen02
08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
This is a great idea! There is so much Lovecraft lore to pull from and with there being so much fanmade lore, making your own monsters and villians with a Lovecraftian feel works great! Ill deff be throwing out some ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MythosGamer/videos
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2012 08:30 PM by wisdomknight.)
(08-30-2012 07:00 PM)MythosGamer Wrote:  This is a great idea! There is so much Lovecraft lore to pull from and with there being so much fanmade lore, making your own monsters and villians with a Lovecraftian feel works great! Ill deff be throwing out some ideas.

Great to hear man!
BTW this is not my art, I would never take credit for someone elses work.
But I did edit it to give it a dark and painterly style suitable for AToE Cards.
Just so you all know.

I can draw, but I spend my time 3d sculpting.
I will show you all some miniatures very soon! Watchmen02

And I might make some of these AToE lovecraftian villains as they are finished!