Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apollo 18
09-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Apollo 18
I went to see this today...it wasn't what I expected. It was good, but I could have watched it on DVD. There was a preview for Paranormal Activity 3...I think that series has jumped the shark. I don't plan to see that one in the theaters, though I suspect my wife will show me differently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 06:54 AM
RE: Apollo 18
I herd apollo 18 was just like blaire witch project but in space. (witch i didnt like) But they did say it was decent. Im going to take your word and wait for netflix.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Although I thought the Blair Witch was a pretty good ride, the cinema verite has been done to death since then. Waiting for this one on Netflix.
09-05-2011, 01:14 AM
I agree...but I still go back...there is something wrong with me!
09-05-2011, 07:58 AM
This looks interesting, but I think it may be one of those movies where you keep thinking something scary will happen, but it doesn't. Then it finally does happen, and the movie is immediately over. They scare my wife to death. I predict a lower body count than my attention span demands.
09-05-2011, 12:26 PM
(09-05-2011 07:58 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  This looks interesting, but I think it may be one of those movies where you keep thinking something scary will happen, but it doesn't. Then it finally does happen, and the movie is immediately over. They scare my wife to death. I predict a lower body count than my attention span demands.

I hate when this happens Zombie05

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Eh, Blair Witch wasn't completely horrible, but isn't something I'd ever really want to watch again. I'll probably end up skipping Apollo for that reason, unless I have friends who absolutely have to watch it.
09-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I haven't seen it but the premise of a secret Apollo mission is so ludicrous I could never get by it. I understand suspension of disbelief but this is nuts. For 5 years I lived in Daytona Beach getting my Aerospace Engineering degree. The shuttle was clearly visible and audible from far away and the Saturn V rockets dwarfed the shuttle. Then there were the thousands of people involved with every launch. No way one could be done in secret.
09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
(09-06-2011 02:46 AM)Musketeer Wrote:  I haven't seen it but the premise of a secret Apollo mission is so ludicrous I could never get by it. I understand suspension of disbelief but this is nuts. For 5 years I lived in Daytona Beach getting my Aerospace Engineering degree. The shuttle was clearly visible and audible from far away and the Saturn V rockets dwarfed the shuttle. Then there were the thousands of people involved with every launch. No way one could be done in secret.

Repeat after me:

It is only a movie - It is only a movie - It is only a movie. Watchmen02

And I'm pretty sure all gouverments do shit most people do not know about. A 1000 people knowing is nothing compared to the millions who live in one country. But there goes the ol' conspiricy theory again hehehe

I think the thing they say about the story is pretty cool (I'm sorry I don't know how this thing is called in english)
"The reason we never went back"

And yes it is Blair Witch and yes that idea has unfortunatly been beaten to death but can't we say that about every movie? From musical to western even Watchmen02
This is just another "let's try to scare people" movie, but I still think the setting and idea for the movie is cool.
I will not go watch it in the cinema because I think the handycam-movie just does not work on the big screen. I found The Blair Witch much scarier on normal TV then on the big screen. It gave a much "realer" feel to it because you watch handycam videos on a small screen.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2011, 02:52 PM
How about a reality musical!?!? That's not been done yet... Ooo... I see money. MONEY I TELLS YA!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user