Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are the expansions worth it?
09-15-2011, 05:27 AM
RE: Are the expansions worth it?
The ammount of cards you get to see as a zombie player should even this out though. I've found that only holding onto cards that can immediatly effect and discarding anything you cant use in a turn or two at max greatly improves the zombie players chances.

Eating brains and taking names.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 05:39 AM
(09-15-2011 05:27 AM)abomination Wrote:  The ammount of cards you get to see as a zombie player should even this out though. I've found that only holding onto cards that can immediatly effect and discarding anything you cant use in a turn or two at max greatly improves the zombie players chances.

Yep totally agree that it isn't worth hanging on to cards as a zombie.

We have ended up saying that you can't use the pick any scenario item from the deck if you use the "just what I needed" card. Too many times a zombie player has out played the heroes only to lose the game in the last 3 or so turns because they magically can pull out the scenario item they needed.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-15-2011, 05:44 AM
I've felt the sting of losing to that card also it really sucks in the late game.

09-15-2011, 07:02 AM
(09-15-2011 05:44 AM)abomination Wrote:  I've felt the sting of losing to that card also it really sucks in the late game.

Which is obviously part of the game but you don't find those sorts of "win the game" cards for the zombies.

Love the game though.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-15-2011, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 08:16 PM by Pred.)
RE: A the expansions worth it?
Sounds great. Does this over power the heroes even more though? We find that the zombies get screwed over nearly every game because the heroes are so over powered.
[/quote]

This is why i skipped Growing Hunger and went with Survival of the fittest, which in my own opinion, brings a big step up to the zombies

Yep totally agree that it isn't worth hanging on to cards as a zombie.

We have ended up saying that you can't use the pick any scenario item from the deck if you use the "just what I needed" card. Too many times a zombie player has out played the heroes only to lose the game in the last 3 or so turns because they magically can pull out the scenario item they needed.
[/quote]

I disagree with this because if you need keys... or gas... or anything else really if it gets flopped to you discard pile and you don't have a special pick up from a certain building to pull it out, your screwed.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-15-2011, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 10:22 PM by abomination.)
(09-15-2011 07:02 AM)Jables Wrote:  Which is obviously part of the game but you don't find those sorts of "win the game" cards for the zombies.

Love the game though.

But you have to remember the zombies only have one mission to eat brains. the heros normally have to worry about multiple things so I think they deserve a few unbalanced cards in there favor.
I just got survival of the fittest in the mail today.
so far what I have seen and read from the cards and rule book I have to say it looks good. the scenarios look fun, the barracads and sewer tokens seem like neat additions aswell. The grave weapons deck for the zombies seems like it would be right up your alley in pumping up you zombies. There is alot of new stuff in this small box.
too bad flying frog didn't just combine hero pack one, the zombie minitures, and survival in one pack like growing hunger.

09-15-2011, 11:08 PM
If you can get any or all of the expansions they are DEFINITELY worth it.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-18-2011, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 02:29 PM by Orguss.)
You absolutely have to get Growing Hunger. Period. I would recommend Survival of the fittest and hero pack 1 as well. That's all the supplemental heroes, boards, new rules, decks, etc.

Beyond that, the level up mechanic was dumb. Kind of a waste. It was a nice to make heroes discard to do their stuff so they MIGHT lose by decking, since as it stands, it'll never happen.

The web supplements are nice, but the scenarios are printed on folded up paper which just astounds me. 10 bucks and it's not even card stock like the others.

Grave weapons have tokens, you don't have to have the minis. I prefer it, but it's not a necessity.

The CD can wait. And so on.

I've bought everything released for LNoE, and have to be a completist. This is about how I would tell new people starting to progress in buying.

If it's a money thing, get Growing hunger and survival and skip everything else. If you plan on grabbing, do it in the order I listed.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 04:37 PM by Pred.)
Orguss your supplements really didn't come with a card stock scenario!?! Thats weird because Mr Onearm has ordered 2 of them, and both was printed on card stock. If I was you I'd call and make sure that's right.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Okay, some supplements don't come on card stock. Radioactive zombies? It comes with a sheet of printer paper.
The Stock Up scenario? Paper.

Revenge of the dead and Zombie Pillage ARE on card stock.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.