Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you ready for some GRIFFBAAAAAALL?
04-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Exclamation Are you ready for some GRIFFBAAAAAALL?
During our lovely Left 4 Dead tea party this past weekend, our esteemed colleague, zombie67, stated that he would, indeed, be willing to partake in a match of Griffball in Halo 3. Since that's the first positive response I've gotten, it's now my job to run with it and try to recruit more. supervike also said he'd be up for Halo 3--didn't specifically mention GB--so that's a good sign.

I've never played Griffball which is why I'm eager to try. We'd need at least 6 people, preferably 8, to go at it. So far we have three: zombie, my friend, and myself. Possibly a fourth with supervike, but I'd rather get his firm confirmation first. So that leaves three to five more people. It's possible I could get one more person to play but I'd rather try filling the spots here first and then worrying about making up for any odd numbers later.

Again, here are the links to download the appropriate map and game variant so we can all play:

Variant: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserCo...d=40755827

Map: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserCo...d=58127938

For those not aware of the game, you can find information on that site but I'll briefly explain. It's a game where two teams face off, each trying to get the ball to the opponents' score zone. All players are equipped with only gravity hammers and energy swords to kill each other and, especially, the ball carrier. The ball carrier automatically gains extra strength to try to survive a bit longer since he can't use weapons while carrying the ball (though he can still punch). Once the ball is scored, it immediately explodes because that's how it should be in ALL SPORTS. Also, the ball carrier automatically turns yellow when he picks up the ball so he's easier to identify--and kill.

So, why don't we give it a shot? It's not going to be extremely competitive; it's just for a fun outing trying something new. Anyone is welcome from experienced players to newcomers. Let's just try our best and have fun. So, if you're up for it, sign up here and we'll set up a match.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
RE: Are you ready for some GRIFFBAAAAAALL?
I'm in.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
There's the confirmation. Ok, just need 2 to 4 more people and we can give it a go.
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks to everyone who humored me by playing a couple games of Grifball the other day. It was interesting. This Saturday morning (my time, Friday night for normal people) I've been invited to join in with another group to play some Grifball. It turns out that one of my friends is on a team that actually participates in the tournaments so they said they'll play a few games with me. If anyone else is interested, you're welcome to join us and see what happens.
05-06-2009, 10:04 PM
What time are you playing??
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I think they said they'd be around from 8pm-midnight EDT, so 9am-1pm my time. I'm not going to be playing with them the entire time, but they said when I log on I (and anyone else who wants to play) can join in.
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
See what I can do.

May not be able to make it as my mum & sister are here for a holiday but who knows?