Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arkham Horror style personal missions
12-07-2012, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 09:28 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions
I like this as well. And I like the idea of say 3 cards per character - so when a player succeeds/fails at one they can draw the next one to work on, and so on. I don't know AH at all so I can't help there...but we'll be playing AToE tonight so I'll have to keep this in mind and see if I think of anything to add.

Great idea!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 01:12 AM
(12-02-2012 03:27 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 04:14 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Does anyone here have the arkham horror supplement that includes the personal missions? A good starting point might be to look at what they came up with and adapt the missions for the corresponding characters- for instance, ashcan pete the hobo's mission would probably go well with cartwright the drifter.

Ok, I found an arkham horror wiki that has all the personal missions. I'm not going to straight-up cut and paste them over, but a lot of them are close enough to ATOE characters that they can at least provide a jumping off point.

Hm. Didn't know they were available anywhere. I don't know AH, but I may look them over at some point & try to see how they work so I can get my head around them & how they work & would translate into ATOE.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Here's one for Harlow Morgan;

The Mother of invention; The enemy has powers and abilities that fly in the face of the laws of science, but surely it must have weaknesses as well... a sufficient understanding of the enemy's nature, combined with an adequate power source, should yield an effect that could prove devastating.

Pass- Harlow Morgan discards 10 investigation tokens at either the windmill or the light house. Proceed to "It's working! It's working!"
Fail- At any point, Harlow Morgan has no investigation tokens. Proceed to "Back to the drawing board."

It's working! It's working! The machine comes to life with a steady hum and a crackle of the power electric. The device seems to dispel the darkness itself! Harlow Morgan makes a cunning 5+ test. every success does a number of hits against the villain equal to 1x the number of players.

Back to the drawing board. "I'm a fool!" cries Harlow Morgan, "everything I know of science is a fallacy! The evil we face is beyond human comprehension!" Harlow Morgan takes a -1 cunning marker, then draws and resolves a mystery card