Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arrive via gaming or zombies?
02-09-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: Arrive via gaming or zombies?
(02-09-2013 01:34 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  I had forgotten about gaming nearly completely until my Bro-in-Law got us LNOE for my wife's birthday. He got it because we liked zombies, so I guess that you can say I came for the zombies, but stayed for the games. LNOE reminded me why I loved games so much in Middle/High School, and I have since gotten back into games pretty heavy. All thanks to LNOE!

Cool, I think LNoE is one of those games that is so much fun with simple mechanics but a real depth of play and a story line everyone is familiar with that it is very appealing even to non gamer geeks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
(02-09-2013 06:46 AM)Sarge Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 01:34 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  I had forgotten about gaming nearly completely until my Bro-in-Law got us LNOE for my wife's birthday. He got it because we liked zombies, so I guess that you can say I came for the zombies, but stayed for the games. LNOE reminded me why I loved games so much in Middle/High School, and I have since gotten back into games pretty heavy. All thanks to LNOE!

Cool, I think LNoE is one of those games that is so much fun with simple mechanics but a real depth of play and a story line everyone is familiar with that it is very appealing even to non gamer geeks

I think you hit the nail right on the head. It is kind of hard to explain, honestly. But, Last Night On Earth is the perfect blend of complicated enough to be fun and interesting (and to also seem new for much longer) yet simple enough to pick up quickly and have fun, even if you may make mistakes and/or have to clarify things from time to time.
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2013, 11:09 PM
For me it was pen & paper RPG's in the 80's. With a healthy dose of zombie horror/sci-fi/fantasy
flicks(both good & bad ones), and then video games only helped to further my infection. Lol.
03-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Via both. I've been into gaming, but not board games in particular. I also like the zombie genre. I first learned about Last Night on Earth at an open board gaming meet, played it once, decided that I wanted my own copy of the game Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
A bit of everything I guess.

I played Pen&Paper in the Eighties and Nineties and a lot of Tabletop afterwards (still do - mainly Games Workshop at the beginning - more open to other games in the last few years). With my interest for tabletops descending a bit I looked for board games and Last Night on Earth is one of my favourites.

I am not so much a fan of Zombie movies in general but I like "The Walking Dead" very much. I own most of the comic books and saw the TV-Series.
04-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I arrived via gaming. I am a regular warhammer and necromunda player and at my gaming club we have had a bit of a change towards board games recently. Someone brought down the original with growing hunger. 7 of us played in that game. That night I went home a bought timber peak...
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi.

I am an avid gamer. I found LNOE through gaming. I have always been attracted to all things Zombie. Most Zombie games suck, the Zombie "team/player" is a game mechanic, unplayable by a person.

Last Night On Earth allows a person to actually play as the Zombies. That is what makes LNOE an awesome game, for me.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I came because I like to find random forums to join and post on about things I don't know about. Then I found out about boardgaming and zombies at the same time on this website.
Eventually, I bought the game and started loving zombies.
Just kidding. Watchmen02

I came through gaming and also found LNoE through gaming by searching YouTube videos. But I also love Zombies.
I started by watching Tom Vassel reviews and came across Table Top with Wil Wheaton where he played this game. At first I thought it was cheesy, but then I came across the Survival of the Fittest section of BGG and I was intrigued. One of the best decisions I ever made. Watchmen02

As a kid I use to get snuck into the movie theater to see all the R rated Zombie movies.
All those awesome George Romero one's in the 80s.

I am also a video-gamer. Games and Zombies...perfect match.

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I arrived via prepping. I was digging through my favorite prepping site looking for games to keep the boredom at bay during bad weather and got a lot of suggestions for LNOE. Zombie Squad does have a zombie theme so I guess you could say zombies got me here.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille