Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attack on Disney?
12-10-2010, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2010 08:39 PM by Orguss.)
Attack on Disney?
Pictures for the newer versions. For the ones that have different board setups, it was just a placeholder if I do a disney world board setup. If not, I'd edit to woodinvale or carnival.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
RE: Attack on Disney?
I figured since I got no responses it was because you had no pictures. So here, got around to it finally.

[Image: DaisyDuck.jpg]
[Image: DonaldDuck.jpg]
[Image: Genie1.jpg]
[Image: Goofy.jpg]
[Image: MickeyMouse.jpg]
[Image: MinnieMouse.jpg]
[Image: Pluto.jpg]
[Image: Simba.jpg]
01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Big Grin RE: Attack on Disney?
Simba and the Genie seem like they could be really powerful, almost too powerful.
01-10-2011, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 12:35 AM by vikinglad.)
Custom L-Boards for this that have Disneyworld locations would be fun. Here are some of my thoughts on your new heros:

Daisy: For her "Come Again?" ability, does the zombie still die if she heals a wound, or is it a trade-off?

Donald: "Temper Temper" is a neat idea. "Whew" seems a little harsh. Maybe it should only happen if he is healed of more than one wound at a time.

Genie: I agree this seems too powerful. Odds are that "Wish" will happen 1/3 of the time. I think a roll of 6 will be more fair. It should happen 1-3 times per game, not over 5. Maybe make it on a roll of 1, to make up for the low roll, like in A touch of Evil.

Goofy: Love the whole thing. Maybe the quote should be spelled "Ya-hoo-hoo-hooey." I think that is how he says it.

Mickey Mouse: "Mishka" seems like the odds would lead me never to use it. I have a 1-in-3 chance of being wounded and a 1-in-6 of wounding the zed. I think I would try changing this to Mickey gets wounded on a roll of 1.

Minnie: "Go for it" should maybe be for heros in the same space only? Otherwise, she seems great.

Pluto: Clever, I like this one. Seems like powerful abilities, but limited to no item use, I would be interested to see how these balance out. Cool one.

Simba: Like the Genie, maybe make "Pounce" a reward for rolling 2-, not 3+ for movement, to augment the low move roll. A pounce is, afterall, just a small leap at an enemy, right?

Totally cool idea, theme-wise. Thanks for the new custom heros.
01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Thing with Genie is, you're wasting a move action, to potentially search. Sure it may happen 1/3 of the time, but perhaps it is a bit too strong since you can sure for heroics and/or chainsaw. Perhaps 5-6 and look at the top 10 cards, pick 1 and shuffle the rest? I would hate to spend a move action and not do anything.

Mickey, true. A roll of 1 should be bad and 6 good. Definitely.

Daisy is not a trade off. If she rolls doubles and higher, she kills it and heals a wound. If she rolls doubles and lower she heals a wound, then loses the fight so stays the same. (Unless she was full in which case timing would mean she'd take a wound after all said and done. I'm not sure how timing would be but I believe it'd work like that.)

Minnie I'm not so sure of. She's better than Becky since she can heal herself, but has such a downside with it's ability to hurt her too. Depends on rolls to show how powerful she is. Imagine being 1 wound down. Healing, and hitting a 1. Worthless.

Pounce with Simba, think a running jump. Jump on something then run and jump on something, which does more damage? Simba doesn't have blitz, so unless the zombies(enemies, etc) put 9 on one square, you're not looking at a lot of slaying. Also, make sure you don't read Roar like Lucky. It's once per turn not fight.
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe this will motivate my wife to play the game now...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 07:41 PM
(01-11-2011 06:52 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Thing with Genie is, you're wasting a move action, to potentially search. Sure it may happen 1/3 of the time, but perhaps it is a bit too strong since you can sure for heroics and/or chainsaw. Perhaps 5-6 and look at the top 10 cards, pick 1 and shuffle the rest? I would hate to spend a move action and not do anything.

Oh, I see. I thought you moved AND got to search. Not sure why; the text is pretty clear. That makes sense now. 1-in-3 is probably good for this, since you don't move.

Quote:Daisy is not a trade off. If she rolls doubles and higher, she kills it and heals a wound. If she rolls doubles and lower she heals a wound, then loses the fight so stays the same. (Unless she was full in which case timing would mean she'd take a wound after all said and done. I'm not sure how timing would be but I believe it'd work like that.)

Neat. I didn't think of whether or not you rolled higher than the zombie. I was just thinking "doubles = kill." I was also thinking that the wounds would be applied first, then the healing, but I think I like your timing better. In mine, the last wound would still kill even if she rolled doubles, but you could heal the first wound you took. Being able to heal a wound before taking your last would lead to some really cool last-minute saves!

Quote:Pounce with Simba, think a running jump. Jump on something then run and jump on something, which does more damage? Simba doesn't have blitz, so unless the zombies(enemies, etc) put 9 on one square, you're not looking at a lot of slaying. Also, make sure you don't read Roar like Lucky. It's once per turn not fight.

Makes sense. I just really like the reward for low move rolls from A Touch of Evil. How cool would it be when you are down to one wound and try to run from a zombie hero one square away, but only roll a one? Thematically, and probably balance-wise, yours will likely work better. Insane20
01-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd love to know if Daisy is that way based off the rules.

When you add up your dice to calculate is there a 'step' for that and then a step to determine winner? Or just same step. If it's the same step I would assume you can choose how to stack her abilities/fight. If it's a secondary resolution then it's got to be like I said.
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
For Daisy, I think it all has to do with the text. There is a difference between healing a wound, which takes away an existing wound, and preventing a wound (like on the card "Just a Scratch." ) If she can "heal a wound," that would mean that she can;t use it to heal her last wound, as she is dead. If you use it to "prevent a wound," then you couldn't use it to heal an existing wound. You could only avoid a wound that would have been dealt during that particular fight. "Prevent" would only happen if she rolled lower doubles than the zombie, but "healing" could happen even if she rolled higher doubles than the zombie but had a wound from a previous fight.

It all depends on how you want it to play. I think I would go with "prevent," because I like the edge-of-your-seat, last-minute saves that it could provide to keep her alive. Since she only has 2 wounds, I am not sure I would do too much hand-to-hand combat with her if I already had a wound.

Most hyphens in a post ever?
01-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes, but then she'd be the only 2 wound hero that can't heal. It's a simple question kind of if the game is in depth enough to support phases inside the fight.

Daisy is in a fight with 1 wound left.

Daisy rolls 2, 2, 1. Zed rolls 5. At what point would you heal your wound and at what point would you lose it?

The way I see it. Everyone announces their rolls so to speak. That's when she'd heal. THEN determine a winner/loser, and she'd lose one. I base this off of cards that allow re-rolls, add rolls, etc.

I suppose I could always change it to a Youth type of heal to simplify. Wanted to go in a different direction ;(