Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attention all Zombie graphic novel fans!! Updated 18/02/10
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 06:15 PM by samuraitrev.)
Attention all Zombie graphic novel fans!! Updated 18/02/10
Hi if you're into zombie films. Check out 'The Book of the Dead'. This is the bible there's hundreds listed!!!! 5*****

If you're more into graphic novels here's a selection of short stories all about our rotten friends 'Zombie Tales' check it out from Boom Studios. It's a bit of a no brainer with its tongue in its rotten cheek. There's some great artwork though. It might give you some ideas for scenarios/characters/cards.... 3***

For those with darker tastes you will not go wrong with 'The Walking Dead' Some of the writing can be slightly off at times and drag but the art work is great. I own 1-12. A solid 4****

Enjoy and keep on the rotting...Zombie24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 01:06 AM
RE: Attention all Zombie film and graphic novel fans!!
I own all 13 GNs for Walking Dead and started the issue series at #79 (after Gn 13) and love it so far (only into GN #3, no time to read lately). Deffinately recommend it to all.

Haven heard of the others you mentioned but I intend to check them out. Thanks for the heads up.
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
ditto that. walking dead is awesome.

I'll have to look for the others.

soundguy
12-14-2010, 10:14 PM
I bought Zombie Tales monthly as it came out, and while it oculd be hit and miss, the hits were really really good.
12-14-2010, 11:27 PM
is it still in print.. or can compendiums be picked up?

soundguy
12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
(12-14-2010 11:27 PM)soundguy Wrote:  is it still in print.. or can compendiums be picked up?

soundguy

This is a compendium/graphic novel of short stories around about 15 and I really enjoyed it. There's lots of different artists and writers involved a small amount of the writing isn't 100% but it's good fun and most of the artwork kicks ass! $14.99 is printed on the back but I bet you could find it cheaper.

I'm currently reading Sandman Vol.7 and I've just finished a massive Omnibus vol. 1 of Hack/Slash by Image that's going at $29.99. For those who don't know it's basically Jason Vorhees out of Friday the 13 teamed up against with a badass goth/babe and they go hunting Slashers such as Chucky, Pinhead, Freddie, Pennywise you name 'em. All their names are changed but it's basically them. Artwork is some of the best I've seen it's just good, bloody, violent, black comedy, fun.
12-15-2010, 01:23 AM
thanks.. I'll have to search for zombie tales on amazon and find a copy!
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
RE: Attention all Zombie film and graphic novel fans!! (updated 18/02/2010)
OMG!! Sooooo good!

I wonder if any of you have read this? I have studied creative writing at university level and I have to say this is one of the best pieces of zombie fiction I have read so far. The artwork is breathtakingly good.

Now to the story. It is the journal of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse. He makes observations on zombie physiology and behaviour patterns in a scientific manner. This is balanced by his own personal thoughts and fears. I won't give anything away. Each journal entry in my opinion is like a piece of art. As for the ending well you've just gotta' read it.

I cannot celebrate this work enough it is probably the best piece of zombie material I own per say. Buy it. Read it. Treasure it.

http://books.simonandschuster.co.uk/Zomb...1847377623 (Ignore the guy's review on there the guy's obviously never seen a zombie Zombie03
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd (15 Oct 2009)
ISBN-10: 1847377629
Pages 144
02-19-2011, 12:21 AM
RE: Attention all Zombie graphic novel fans!! Updated 18/02/10
i'll have to take a look.. seems kinda like I am legend..
02-19-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Attention all Zombie graphic novel fans!! Updated 18/02/10
I have that book Trev... It's pretty damn good. Check it out!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user