Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awesomely Bad
11-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Awesomely Bad
Last night my buddy decided to host for a night of obscure zombie movies. The line up consisted of Burial Grounds, Zombi 3, and Dead and Breakfast.

Burial Grounds: this movie was painful. The masks covered the entire face, including the mouth, preventing any scenes of zombies munching on gore. The zombies moved ridiculously slow - these guys made the zombies in Romero's Dawn of the Dead look fast.

Zombi 3: This movie is a sequel in name only to Zombi 2 (the one with the shark vs zombie scene), which was a sequel in name only to the original Dawn of the Dead (which was released in Europe as Zombi). Zombi 3 started off being directed by Lucio Fulchi, but he could not complete it, so was finished by some other guy (sorry - not worth looking up). This movie had massive continuity issues, but the kung-fu zombies were fun to watch.

Dead and Breakfast: this was a fantastic watch. It has a unique take on zombies but doesn't take itself too seriously (there is a scene where the zombie master uses a severed head as a puppet). What really makes this movie memorable it is the fantastic blue grass sound track - each act has a musical intro. Just good good stuff that finished the night off on a high note.

In summary:
Burial Grounds - Bad, don't bother.
Zombi 3 - bad, but unintentionally funny.
Dead and Breakfast - Awesome! Watch this movie!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2011, 05:21 AM
RE: Awesomely Bad
I've got a spreadsheet of terrible/hilarious movies. Looks like I'll have to see if Zombi 3 will make it.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
05-08-2012, 02:29 AM
RE: Awesomely Bad
(11-07-2011 05:21 AM)D153453D Wrote:  I've got a spreadsheet of terrible/hilarious movies. Looks like I'll have to see if Zombi 3 will make it.

@munkymudface, Man, I hated Dead & Breakfast! And I actually like bluegrass music. That's why movie reviews are only opinions - people's taste varies so much.

@DE153453D, I'd love to see your spreadsheet of horrible movies if you are willing to share...I think it will probably remind me of some movies I've watched and forgotten about that I could add to my movie review list. Plus it's fun to see what somebody else hates.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War