Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunker down
01-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Hunker down
Finally got to use my grave weapons with the usual group.
Rolled a 9 for my starting zombies. Initial hand had 2 shambles a surprise attack and some other card so the pressure was immediately on.

Kenny,Jake,The holy father and Sam soon found the zombies closing in chewing off their supplies bit by bit. Kenny and the priest started to barricade the airplane hanger but without any decent weapons they quickly found it difficult to deal with the zombies that made it through the barricades. They held on a little while but soon their injuries caught up to them and they both were devoured by the hoard.

Sam and jake were much luckier in the bank where they narrowly escaped a zombie strapped with explosives which managed to get through the barricades.

Two more survivors previously hiding decided to make a break for it. A young female officer and nurse Becky make for the high school gym but when they arrive they discover that the zombies are spawning there. Despite that fact they begin to barricade the gym anyway but quickly get into a cat fight about it and do nothing. Soon the hoard from the airplane hanger are knocking on their door and despite their pair of shotguns they can't kill enough zombies fast enough to hunker down. Eventually their ammo runs out and soon too both of their lives. With time winding down the zombies claim another victory. Zombie03

Overall good game. Found the grave weapons were decent. Game could have gone to the players if they had split the team up a little better to draw off zombies. Game took a lot longer than we thought it would take.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: Hunker down
Thanks for the right up. Adding extras like Barricades and ZGW does add to play time but this should improve as you get more familiar with them.
01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Hunker down
I enjoyed reading this write up. Thanks!