Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Barricade questions
02-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Barricade questions
Sory if these have been covered elsewhere, I dug around through the search function but am still unclear on a few things...

1.) Reinforcement - now, these markers only take up one space, more or less, but I've been assuming that one reinforcement marker indicates a 'layer' of reinforcement for the entire barricaded wall, and not just reinforcement on the space of barricade it actually covers.

2.) Do Zombies with D3 movement get to attempt barrier entrance/removal of reinforcement for each movement point they have? For example, a Zombie Hero starts their turn next to a barricaded wall and rolls a 2 for movement. Can they attempt to enter the barricade 2 times? If they try once and fail, can they use their other movement point to move elsewhere, or does failing to enter the barricade end their movement? In my opinion both of these should be allowed, but looking to see if there's anything more official or just what the concensus is.

Thanks

beepboopbeep
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2011, 03:01 PM
RE: Barricade questions
1 - Yes, the reinforcement token is for the entire wall. I assume that they are small tokens because they are placed and removed throughout a game, whereas once a barricade is placed, it remains there the duration of the game.

2 - Great question, don't know about the official ruling though. My group has been playing that the ZH ends its movement on a failed attempt to enter a barricade, even if it has more movement points (this applies to Shamble as well).
02-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote from the SoTF manual on the effects of barricades on zombie movement:

"If the Zombie does NOT roll a 4+, they are stopped in their space before the wall and the Zombie may not move any further."

This doesn't specifically state that a Zombie can't use multiple move points to try and break in multiple times, but I feel that it is sort of implied, since they lose the rest of their movement points after failing to break in.

I always thought of it as the Zombie wastes the rest of that turn scratching and banging in vain on the barricaded wall.
02-24-2011, 06:20 AM
I have to agree with Russ...

"they are stopped in their space before the wall and the Zombie may not move any further"

Therefore they loose the rest of their movement, therefore, no they can not use more movement points to try again. If they had multiple movement actions, then yes they could use a second action that way, but not in the same movement action. i.e. (IDK if there is a card for this off the top of my head but) if you played a card that said you get to move again, or to the effect of take another movement action, then that would be a second action and therefore would allow you to try again.

I haven't played SotF yet, heck only read the rules once. So I am not 100% on all the rules added. But this makes sense to me.
02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
(02-24-2011 06:20 AM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  If they had multiple movement actions, then yes they could use a second action that way, but not in the same movement action. i.e. (IDK if there is a card for this off the top of my head but) if you played a card that said you get to move again, or to the effect of take another movement action, then that would be a second action and therefore would allow you to try again.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that, but I agree. So something like "Relentless Advance" could let you have two shots at it, (provided a zombie was already adjacent to a barricade at the beginning of the zombie turn.)