Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Game Yet!
11-16-2013, 03:15 AM
Best Game Yet!
Just finished a classic game of FANG. 5 hours of entertainment, going down to the wire.

We played the Competitive game with the Mobsters, with the villain track set at 20 and our fortune goal was the first to 25.

At the beginning of what was obviously going to be the last turn, the Mob just had to move down one space and had three outposts on the board collecting 3 gold so could have done this. My mate who I was playing against had to move 3 spaces to his home city to finish and he already had a move of two in cards.

He got their no problem but knowing the game didn't end then thought it would be a good idea to attack the outpost he was now on, which he did successfully sending the track back 3 and steeling 2 gold from the mob in the process.

However on the mobs turn, one guy got an artefact with six gold, effectively moving the track 3 spaces, just needing the one. The other guy on the board was rolling 3 dice and had to get 2 successes' to get his artefact, which he did, which gained him 4 gold, moving the track two, well it would have done if it hadn't already got to 0 Watchmen02

I was well behind on 16 gold, however if I'd got the artefact for six, which I was going for, and if I'd manage to sell it I'd have been a lot closer Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2013, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 01:35 PM by Fred Ink.)
RE: Best Game Yet!
Hi spirit!
Sounds like a fun game indeed! Watchmen02
As I read it, you play as follows: If a Vile Organization gets to take an artifact, the doom track moves as many spaces forward as the artifact is worth, divided by two (so if they take an artifact that's worth 6 fortune, the track moves 3). Is that correct? Cause I think you're mistaken there. The track always moves two spaces, regardless of the artifact's fortune value.
Or did you house-rule that?
Greetings,
Fred
11-16-2013, 03:41 PM
(11-16-2013 01:34 PM)Fred Ink Wrote:  Hi spirit!
Sounds like a fun game indeed! Watchmen02
As I read it, you play as follows: If a Vile Organization gets to take an artifact, the doom track moves as many spaces forward as the artifact is worth, divided by two (so if they take an artifact that's worth 6 fortune, the track moves 3). Is that correct? Cause I think you're mistaken there. The track always moves two spaces, regardless of the artifact's fortune value.
Or did you house-rule that?
Greetings,
Fred

I can't find anything that suggests you divide any numbers by two anywhere, what page is it on?

I actually understood it to be moving down 2 for each artefact plus they collect the gold and for every three gold they get to move 1 space down (i.e. they collected 6 gold in the last turn getting to move 3).

We did actually have it only moving down 1 for getting an artefact, it wasn't a house rule, just a mistake..it made it a close game though Watchmen02
11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....lain_Track refer to this chart (also on the back of the rulebook). An artifact (including "temple treasure") is worth a flat 2 steps. Coins (primary source: temples or mob outposts) are worth 1/3 of a step each. An artifact's coin value only matters to villains when selecting where to deploy.

Destroying an Outpost (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....n_Outpost) gives you a choice from two options when you do it:
* steal (take) any one Artifact that the Villains have collected [which you can then go sell; this REALLY matters for the Crimson Hand cult, since it counts artifact types]
* take any Fortune the Villains currently have as well as to move the Villain Track Marker D3 steps back from it’s current position
If you take the artifact, the track doesn't move. Note that taking any "fortune" they have is at most 2. If they ever get 3, that 3 disappears and becomes 1 tick on the track instead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2013, 06:50 PM
(11-16-2013 04:44 PM)mqstout Wrote:  http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....lain_Track refer to this chart (also on the back of the rulebook). An artifact (including "temple treasure") is worth a flat 2 steps. Coins (primary source: temples or mob outposts) are worth 1/3 of a step each. An artifact's coin value only matters to villains when selecting where to deploy.

Yes I did realise when I got home that artefacts get two steps, but couldn't find anywhere in the rules that said if you get the gold or not, so based on the fact they would collect temple gold, thought they would also get the artefact gold.

I was aware that three coins equals one step and all coins are then put back and I was doing that.

(11-16-2013 04:44 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Destroying an Outpost (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....n_Outpost) gives you a choice from two options when you do it:
* steal (take) any one Artifact that the Villains have collected [which you can then go sell; this REALLY matters for the Crimson Hand cult, since it counts artifact types]
* take any Fortune the Villains currently have as well as to move the Villain Track Marker D3 steps back from it’s current position
If you take the artifact, the track doesn't move. Note that taking any "fortune" they have is at most 2. If they ever get 3, that 3 disappears and becomes 1 tick on the track instead.

yes we did all this no problem, those rules were easy to find and clear to understand.
11-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Take a look at this awesome revised Rulebook someone put together:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91...book-0-7-7