Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Betrayal at Hill House
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
RE: Betrayal at Hill House
This game is on my "want list" and will soon be bought.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 01:52 AM
(11-23-2010 03:31 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  Hey guys, when you say "warping" what do you mean? Are the figures bent over or something? I am very interested in this game but an unfamiliar with it other than what I have read on-line.

Here's a tip.

If thefigures are bent or slanted, have you tried the "fire and ice" method for straightening them out?

Just in case you are not familiar. Take a pan of water and bring it to a boil. Drop the bent, twisted, warped figure into the water. Literally in just a few seconds you should see the figure "straighten up" as the mold memory of the plastic kicks in. If it doesn't straighten to your satisfaction use some tongs or chopsticks to remove the figure from the hot water. Quickly reposition the figure the way you want it and dip it into a bowl of ice water. Hold it there for a few seconds and then set it out on a paper towel to dry. The mold memory should cause the figure to straighten up and the cold water will "set" the figure in the new position.

I have used this method on HUNDREDS of soft plastic figures over the years and it works 90% of the time. I have even done it with painted figures and did not experience any paint loss.

You might give it a try.

Wow, thanks sooo much for the advice, I'll definitely have to try that !!

Anyway, for those interested in this game, keep in mind that BAHOTH is a very unique kind of game and one that every gamer should try at least once in his gaming life !
02-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I got my v1 copy from a game auction, and much to my surprise found that the previous owner hadn't even unwrapped the cards or opened the figures! It's a very enjoyable game with a twist in the middle. Co-op as all players explore (and expand) the house, then POW someone triggers the betrayal, and the game becomes a one against everyone else free for all. Easily plays in 30-60 minutes.

I found a BGG character re-theme, using the Scooby Doo characters... which makes perfect sense in this game! I'm looking for the right miniature figures to add to the game for this theme.

"I would have won this game, if it hadn't been for those meddlin' kids!
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
The Gang: http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/ra...bcat_id=63

The Dog: http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pa...?pack=2465

06-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Hey guys, looking at grabbing this but it's pretty damn pricey here in NZ ($91 cheapest I can find). I love LNOE - the wife likes it but gets hung up on the sometimes unclear rules.The more we play it the more she is enjoying it though. I guess what I'm asking is will my wife possibly like Betrayal? She LOVES Settlers of Catan hates Monopoly and likes LNOE...
Alternatively are their any other games LNOE kinda style that I could check out? We have a couples game night and I'm sick of "The Game of Life" or "Cranuim"being brought out!
06-05-2012, 04:44 AM
(11-23-2010 08:08 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  
(11-23-2010 07:43 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  They meant that the tiles in the game might be warped.
Well, in the words of Emily Litella...Never mind.

I love the old Saturday Night Live reference! Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Finally got this to the table over the weekend. Played with 3 non gamers and they all loved it. It is easy to learn and a true joy to play. As soon as we finished we were organising our next catchup so we could play it again.

It's a great horror game that doesn't take itself to seriously.
I through recommend this game for non gamers and intermediate gamers (like myself).
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
A friend of mine owns this game and I absolutely love it. However, after playing a couple games, I realized that the first few games were much more exciting than the succeeding ones.
09-22-2012, 07:49 AM
This game is only of my favorite games we have a game night every Friday night and this is one of our go to games. It is probably best with 6 players but works well enough with 4 or 5. One of my friends has actually used his Legos and replaced the minis with them and added most of the items from the decks. We have probably worked our way through half of the haunts. We actually watched cabin in the woods and decided that they represent each other very well.