Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BitF: Champions Count for Zombie Phase 3 ?
03-03-2014, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 11:22 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: BitF: Champions Count for Zombie Phase 3 ?
(03-03-2014 04:12 PM)Sappington Wrote:  No where in the rules does it say you can only have 14 zombies on the board, period.

Base game rules, p. 7 under Create Zombie Pool first paragraph:
"You can go through any number of Zombies during the game, but you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board at once."

ZH, ZC and GDZ are in addition and do not count as Zombies when applying this rule.

(03-03-2014 10:34 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 09:31 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  ...though you do remove a zombie model from the 14 model starting pool and replace with ZH when a hero is killed.

Achtung, I don't think this is right. Do you know where it says this? I believe ZH are in addition to the starting Pool of 14.

"You can go through any number of Zombies during the game, but you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board at once."

To apply this rule I discarded a Zombie model for each ZH whilst the ZH is on the board. I now realise this is wrong as ZH, ZC and GDZ are in addition and do not count as Zombies when applying this rule.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 11:31 PM
(03-03-2014 11:20 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 04:12 PM)Sappington Wrote:  No where in the rules does it say you can only have 14 zombies on the board, period.

ZH, ZC and GDZ are in addition and do not count as Zombies when applying this rule.

(03-03-2014 09:31 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  ...though you do remove a zombie model from the 14 model starting pool and replace with ZH when a hero is killed.

Achtung, I don't think this is right. Do you know where it says this? I believe ZH are in addition to the starting Pool of 14.

To apply this rule I discarded a Zombie model for each ZH whilst the ZH is on the board. I now realise this is wrong as ZH, ZC and GDZ are in addition and do not count as Zombies when applying this rule.

Wow, nice find and thanks for the correction! However, I wonder if this rule has been modified since the base game. In fact, I'm looking at the Timber Peak rulebook now, page 8, "Create the Zombie Pool", first paragraph, last sentence:

"...but may not have more than these 14 Zombies on the board at once (plus any Zombie Heroes)."

I will take that to last parenthetical to include Zombie Champions and Grave Dead as well.
03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
(03-03-2014 11:31 PM)Sappington Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 11:20 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  

Wow, nice find and thanks for the correction! However, I wonder if this rule has been modified since the base game. In fact, I'm looking at the Timber Peak rulebook now, page 8, "Create the Zombie Pool", first paragraph, last sentence:

"...but may not have more than these 14 Zombies on the board at once (plus any Zombie Heroes)."

I will take that to last parenthetical to include Zombie Champions and Grave Dead as well.

Agreed - that's how I read it too.
03-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Agreed.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Hmmm this thread makes me wonder if we've been playing something wrong. For always zombie heroes when someone dies they immediately become a zombie (but don't act that turn of course). If there are too many zombies on the board already then the hero does not become a zombie but just dies. (I always try and keep 1 zombie in the pool for this reason). Killed zombie heroes are completely destroyed and I can take the zombie I removed from the pool and put it back waiting to be spawned.
03-04-2014, 09:11 PM
(03-04-2014 09:07 PM)ch82 Wrote:  Hmmm this thread makes me wonder if we've been playing something wrong. For always zombie heroes when someone dies they immediately become a zombie (but don't act that turn of course). If there are too many zombies on the board already then the hero does not become a zombie but just dies. (I always try and keep 1 zombie in the pool for this reason). Killed zombie heroes are completely destroyed and I can take the zombie I removed from the pool and put it back waiting to be spawned.

That would be incorrect, given the language from the rulebook above. Zombie Heroes are in addition to the allowed max of 14 zombies on the board.
03-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I think the nature of the original rules was simply a clarification statement - that since you had a starting pool of 14 Zombies you could only ever have 14 of those on the board...to demonstrate that it was not an infinite Pool. It was a clarification of how the starting Pool affected the game - not a limitation for all "types" of Zombies. That's my take anyway. Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-05-2014, 08:44 AM
But turn that logic around. Because of game balance 14 Zombies v 4 Heroes was deemed the maximum ratio. So 14 models provided. Therefore this number does not date or need increasing with new expansions.

Agree that ZH, ZC and ZGD are additional to the zombie pool of 14.
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
With the added instant kill cards and the weapons like police shotgun where technically you could wipe out the horde in one go. I think the possibility of a few extra zombies is just part of the evolving game.
03-06-2014, 05:47 PM
(03-05-2014 09:21 AM)Fizzgaz Wrote:  With the added instant kill cards and the weapons like police shotgun where technically you could wipe out the horde in one go. I think the possibility of a few extra zombies is just part of the evolving game.

I've only wiped the board clear of zombies once, and that was with Johnny blitzing around the center of the board with a chainsaw, baseball bat, and an extra wound. I think he killed 8 or 9 zombies in one turn that way.