Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Board Game Turned Mobile Game
01-07-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Board Game Turned Mobile Game
(01-05-2013 05:56 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  This is how it begins. First aps then tablets and before you know it Skynet...

Lol Skynet. Its all fun and games until Skynet takes over the world Zombie14

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 08:54 AM
(01-05-2013 09:51 AM)jimbal Wrote:  the idea of taking any of my favorite board games and making them tablet or phone based apps sickens me right down to my very core. My dirty rotten zombified core. There is nothing like cracking open that big box and setting up a game and having your favorite people around to enjoy it with. Even if its just monopoly.

I see your point but when you're at the mall waiting for your wife or at a doctor's office, there nothing better then playing a good game while you're waiting. You can't do this with an actual board game.
09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
While nothing will replace the actual board game I do enjoy playing the apps from time to time. Especially Small World, the set up time is much faster in app form.... Zombie17
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
pandemic app comes out oct 1
09-30-2013, 04:23 PM
(09-30-2013 01:40 PM)soundguy Wrote:  pandemic app comes out oct 1

That is awesome. I love Pandemic. Thanks for the heads up.
10-01-2013, 12:29 PM
time for me to upgrade to a smart phone!

I see elder sign has an app too!
10-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Just yesterday I picked up Talisman Prologue, which as far as I can tell mirrors the Talisman board game for one player. I figured I'd give it a shot since I didn't much care for the board game itself. I guess it's worth a dollar. You just keep rolling, ambling back and forth, hoping something good happens to you.
10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
interesting. i'm a big fan of tallisman. i remember the old tallisman... mor elike an iron man competition. Watchmen02