Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bog Fiends and Sinking Towns
09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Bog Fiends and Sinking Towns
Anyone played with the Bog Fiend yet?

If you read the rules literally, it is entirely possible to set up a sinking house of cards that will tank the entire board pretty easily with the right card draws: Namely the rule that says if you are to place a Swamp tile and a Swamp tile is already there, then you make it a Sunken tile and place a Swamp tile in every adjacent space. By literal reading of the rules, every space gets a Swamp tile, unless it already has a Swamp tile, then it gains a Sunken tile, and you add a Swamp tile to every space adjacent to THAT.

Problem one is that can turn into a KILLER fast.

Problem two is that I don't think they gave enough Swamp tiles to pull that off, unless you are playing with just one board.

The way we wound up playing it was that once the space sank, we gave out the Swamp tile to every space, or Sank the adjacent spaces if they already had a Swamp tile, and then stopped before placing more new tiles...and we still got our butts kicked.

Thoughts and experiences?

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2009, 03:24 AM
RE: Bog Fiends and Sinking Towns
actually i just finsihed fighting the bog fiend. He is probably my favorite of the new villains in SW. I enjoy the way the terror builds and then "overflows" so to speak.We only actually lost the Olde Woods tonight. (poor Franklin) but could have easily lost a large portion of the board. Though I think the worst thing about the Bog Fiend is his hideously evil regeneration ability... *grumble*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply