Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book I just came across...
02-23-2009, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2009 07:46 PM by Sarku.)
Book I just came across...
I went to the local Borders to pick up World War Z. I came across a ton of zombie books and this was one of them. Fantastic authors... I might have to pick this up.

The Living Dead

Permuted Press also specializes in zombie fiction... there are some good looking books out from them. This one looks pretty good.

Eden

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
RE: Book I just came across...
The Living Dead looks fantastic! I'll grab that on my next visit to the book store. I think I still have a gift certificate!

Did you get WWZ?

Eden looks good too....
02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I did get WWZ. I'm catching up on LOST right now. Once I get my life back I think I'll start reading it. But I do want to get that The Living Dead book. Awesome.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-24-2009, 02:30 AM
WWZ is a good book...I still can't get over the fact that it's written by Mel Brooks' (Bla
zing Saddles) son.

Have you read the WALKING DEAD comic series?
02-24-2009, 02:52 AM
I have and have read the 4 oversized hard cover volumes. I absolutely love those.

I got the first 3 back to back to back and picked up the fourth as a birthday present to myself. I hope they never stop making them. Very good reading... although I was a little pissed when someone died most recently by decapitation...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Most people were, Sarku...=) I wasn't actually...instead, I got REALLY numb...and nearly dropped the book at the end of that arc. Kirkman himself asked me to give it three more issues, which I did...and did not regret.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
02-24-2009, 03:14 AM
OH I didn't say I was going to stop reading... I don't think I'll ever put it down... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
02-24-2009, 03:32 AM
It is the only book that I will go back and reread from the beginning after the conclusion of each arc...so for me to decided I might need to drop the book was HUGE...huge enough that the writer of the book asked me to not...=)

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
03-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I just read that they're coming out with a compendium that collects the first 48 issues of The Walking Dead in one huge book. Awesome.

Also, I read and listened to WWZ. If you ever get the chance to listen to it, I totally recommend it. It's a solid cast of actors and is totally fantastic to experience.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
03-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Sárku Wrote:I just read that they're coming out with a compendium that collects the first 48 issues of The Walking Dead in one huge book. Awesome.

Also, I read and listened to WWZ. If you ever get the chance to listen to it, I totally recommend it. It's a solid cast of actors and is totally fantastic to experience.

I just finished listening to the WWZ audio book last week. It really was well done. It felt like listening to interviews from people who were really there (even if Mark Hamill's voice is always recognizable). The only person who didn't seem to have a natural voice was the author himself, but only in the parts where he's asking specific questions to the characters. The voice overs that he does are pretty good. Overall, it was a great story and a fun way to pass the time during lunch break.
Find all posts by this user