Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brains in Scandinavia
05-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Brains in Scandinavia
Greetings fellow enthusiasts of gore, mayhem and dead people walking...

My name is Anders, and I am currently an intern at a small village in Tanzania, Africa. Im originally from Denmark (and will return there in about two months), and while Ive been here I have had an increasingly Growing Hunger for brains and defeating the Undead...

Well, Ive played more than 100 games of LNoE, and have frequented the bgg, and read a lot on this website too about the game and the strategies. I have immensely enjoyed the basic game, and invested in Growing Hunger at it hit the shelves of my gaming store in Copenhagen. For me Growing Hunger added a lot of replayability of the scenarios, which on one hand were very welcome and on the other not needed yet. However, I would not seperate the rules or cards from GH if I could. Well, Ill post more about that in another thread. The thing that got me on to LNoE, was that I got is as a birthday present from a group of friends. The week after we got to play it for the first time...

It was a disaster for the heroes (including me). One tried to fight, only to be overcome by the hordes of rotting flesh. Two others found that this might be their last night on earth, and made out while the corpses gathered around them. And I ran as fast as I could to get to safety. An easy win for the Zombie team (of course playing Die, Zombies Die!). Immediatly after the game, one of my friends exclaimed: "This game is broken. Let us check the net for a faq." In my mind however I was thinking "That is because you havent seen enough Zombie movies". I have been hooked on the game ever since.

I am a huge fan of FFP, I believe they have a dedication to the game and gamers not usually found in gaming companies. As such I invested in AToE as it came out. To be frank it was kind of a disappointment to me. I want to like it, and it is fun if you have engaged people to play with, but sometimes it just seems too random to create a story, when you compare it to LNoE. However, I will still invest in the upcoming expansions.

Ah well... To fill out the facts: I am 28 years of age, work with humanitarian aid, land rights and NGOs, I am finishing my masters at a Danish university this fall and have been playing rpgs and boardgames since the age of 9. I have a gf currently stationed in Ghana, with no understanding of my "geeky side", but she accepts it anyhow. I live with a friend, which are also into gaming and have a group of friends willing to play at most times...

So a few questions for you, and off we go:
A Touch of Evil or Last Night on Earth?
What are your expectations for Survival of the Fittest (and the other expansions coming this Halloween)?
The longest game of LNoE?
The shortest?
Favourite character?
Most hated character?

Cheerio,
A

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia
Welcome Andres...you certinally have an interesting
background,your doing important work.

As to Questions

A Touch of Evil or Last Night on Earth?-"ATOE" Zombie03

What are your expectations for Survival of the Fittest (and the other expansions coming this Halloween)?- "I'll probably get
them eventhough I don't play LNoE all that much."

The longest game of LNoE?-"around 3hrs"

The shortest?-"about 20 minutes"

Favourite character?-"The Farmers daughterZombie17"

Most hated character?-"None really

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Welcome indeed! And from the continent of Africa!! Awesome.

Sounds like you have a very fulfilling job, I'm a bit envious....

My answers...

LNoE

Expectations....just to spice up a always fun game...

Longest game? 2 hours or so.

Shortest... About 20 minutes as well....escape in the Truck!

Favorite character? I like Sally and Sheriff Anderson

Least favorite? That spoiled snot of a son....Billy. (although he is fun to play!)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Welcome and here are the answers for the Devon, UK jury: Zombie03 Zombie17

A Touch of Evil or Last Night on Earth? I really enjoy both but at a push I think I prefer LNoE

What are your expectations for Survival of the Fittest (and the other expansions coming this Halloween)? To bring new dimensions to the game and enhance the experience, without getting the card decks getting to unruly.

The longest game of LNoE? About 3 hours

The shortest? Just last week and as with SV, it was Escape in the Truck. Jake starting in centre of town, free card being "Just what I needed!" So Gas Can, and next round picked the "I found it!" card and made it to the centre. All in all 4 rounds and about 20-30 mins in total.

Favourite character? Sam or Jake

Most hated character? Not one in particular but I have had times when I have drawn 4 students (we only play 1 against 1) and that can be very annoying! Wounded, give up a turn to heal, wounded, give up a....oh bugger it!!
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Welcome aboard!

Last Night on Earth is preferred, though I am getting annoyed that my group always picks it over other choices -- I need variety.
My expectations are rather high, though I'm disappointed that they're not packaged together.
Longest LNOE game has been about 2.5 hours. It was Zombie Apocalypse. The shortest clocked in around 15 minutes and was escape in the truck. (I dislike that scenario, and the others that strictly rely on scenario search items.)
As a zombie player, my favorite character is Billy -- he just doesn't bring much to the table. I'm particularly annoyed at Father Joseph always throwing a wrench in my plans. As a hero, I like Becky. (I prefer support characters.)
05-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Welcome and I hope you have fun!

A Touch of Evil or Last Night on Earth? Good question...
What are your expectations for Survival of the Fittest? Don't know. Would love to get the "scoop" over bgg one time. Maybe have ffp show this site a little love.
The longest game of LNoE? About 2 hours
The shortest? About 2 hours
Favourite character? Oh boy... Sally is nice as is Katarina... Watchmen02
Most hated character? I'm going to go with Chandler. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey Anders.

Glad to see you here. A fellow dans is always welcome Watchmen02

Where do you hail from in Dk?
04-11-2014, 08:19 PM
I saw this and was thinking "Hasn't SovTech been here a while?" Turns out this thread was from a long time ago. LOL! Well.... welcome anyway. ;-)