Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brian Keene's books
02-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Brian Keene's books
Well I know some might say that Brian Keene's work in The Rising, City of the Dead and and Dead Sea are not pure zombie* , but I would have to disagree. His take on zombies are more sinister and menacing due to their ability to think and take action. Yes, they fire guns and rpg's but still decay and are in menacing en mass. The first book titled The Rising starts of with the heroe trapped in house fearing his own dead wife, soon he escapes and plans to retrieve his son which has staying at ---place. I can not recall every detail but this book was amazing in its structure and action. Amazing stuff, try his other works out if you are captivated by these works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
RE: Brian Keene's books
I have a few of Brian Keenes novels and I have to say that I've enjoyed everyone. Of particular note is Ghoul. It reminded me of Stand by Me in an odd sort of way. If Stand by Me had a flesh eating horny ghoul in it. -LOL- His books are well written and have very likable characters. The Rising is one of my favorite zombie novels I have ever read, right behind World War Z by the patron Saint of Zombies Mr Max Brooks.

Organize before they Rise.

In the head and not the chest,
head shots are the very best.
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
RE: Brian Keene's books
Hopefully I will meet him at the World Horror COnvention in April. Its unfortunate that he is no longer with Leisure books but I believe DEADITE will be supporting him with his upcoming works.