Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brimstone painting
10-29-2014, 05:03 AM
RE: Brimstone painting
The paints really pop , -Those Slashers , are fantastic.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2014, 05:18 PM
wow these look fantastic! Thank you for sharing Watchmen02
10-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Those are looking really nice. Looks like you got a good technique on the airbrush pretty quickly.

I was looking over my Swamps of Death box today, and I was really surprised at the scale of the heroes - much smaller and slight than I though they would be. Without putting them together yet, the monsters all look appropriately sized like they have some weight to them, but I think as characters get specialized with gear and mutations, I'll be replacing the standard heroes figures with converted GW, or other manufacturer's, miniatures.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2014, 10:21 PM
(10-31-2014 09:46 PM)Odie Wrote:  Those are looking really nice. Looks like you got a good technique on the airbrush pretty quickly.

I was looking over my Swamps of Death box today, and I was really surprised at the scale of the heroes - much smaller and slight than I though they would be. Without putting them together yet, the monsters all look appropriately sized like they have some weight to them, but I think as characters get specialized with gear and mutations, I'll be replacing the standard heroes figures with converted GW, or other manufacturer's, miniatures.

The human (alive & dead) are smaller than I thought as well-
I been assembling them & the feet make basing difficult,
although once the glue takes hold their ok.

OD

10-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Those bases are bloody amazing! The one with the bones, my goodness, I could stare at that all day!
I absolutely hate the idea of assembling these, I have to say, but painting them looks like fun.
10-31-2014, 10:54 PM
(10-31-2014 10:21 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  The human (alive & dead) are smaller than I thought as well-
I been assembling them & the feet make basing difficult,
although once the glue takes hold their ok.

OD

After seeing them, I was thinking that I'll probably have to put pins in a lot of the joins at the wrists on the humans and dead, and again at the feet to secure them to the bases.

I'm planning on putting larger removable pins on the wings of the Harbinger, so I can remove them for storage.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Pins and Magnets on those wings would work very well.
11-02-2014, 12:03 PM
there is my post here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1261955/...one-photos where you can see more photos etc
11-02-2014, 01:28 PM
As I've mentioned before nice stuff, I envy you being so far along I probably won't start
painting via hand until later this week. The airbrush is cool but I could see myself making
a hash out of trying to use one.

OD

11-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Awesome job! They look great!

The bases are amazing too. I've seen the dirt stuff before, but where did you get all the bones and random debris and stuff like that? This kinda makes me want to try my hand at doing something with my bases as well. Thus far, I haven't really done all that much with any of the bases for my miniatures.