Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bringing the Dead back into... Blood Bowl!
11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Bringing the Dead back into... Blood Bowl!
Hi fellow undead,

Just wanted to know if anyone besides me plays this great game and have a love of the undead/necromantic team as I do?

To be honest, the Necromantic team is my currently active favorite team. Having only played the fickle Vampires, which are playing as the wind blows and Count Khardiak wishes, and with the Necromantic team I am loving the necroes.

To begin with we were 5 coaches playing each other for 2 games and then having playoffs and the final game. It ended with a victory to the skaven team, followed closely by the undead, then came the norse team, and on a fourth place my vampires followed by a dark elf team. No big winnings, and I was seriously thinking about just dropping it all together.

But, instead we contacted the local boardgame group and asked if they wanted to join our league, and over 6 months we grew to have 16 coaches and a little more than 20 teams.

I decided that my team for such a rather large league would have to include zombies, and since I like the versatility of a Necromantic team, I decided to go for it, now I only needed to name the team, get the minis and get them painted, here is the result:

As I live on Elm Street in Copenhagen, I saw it fit to name them:

'The Elm Street Nightmares'

And what do you know, thwey actually went on to the playoffs, beat the living crap out of the human team I met there and faced off against the Norse team from the last season in the final. It was a brutal battle (seriously, he inflicted 4 KOs and 5 Inj on my team and I responded with a puny 2 KOs and 3 Inj on his), but it ended with the norse team being able to grind themselves to a well deserved 2-1 victory... No worries though, The Nightmares are returning this season to exact revenge, and take the cup!

Please share any teams you are playing with!

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
RE: Bringing the Dead back into... Blood Bowl!
Hi, nope. Never heard of it. Seems a little like war hammer. ...anyway.

Congrates on your victory, sweet looking Army

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Its a very entertaining game, think of it as Warhammer meets American Football, with team management and character development Watchmen02

Cheerio,
ST

[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-02-2011, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 04:43 PM by Pred.)
is their a website dedicated to this game that I can look
up and see the rules, and how it plays?

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
(11-02-2011 04:43 PM)Pred Wrote:  is their a website dedicated to this game that I can look
up and see the rules, and how it plays?

Hi Pred. I just googled it, and found stuff. Seems interesting

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Have a look here pred http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...list-games

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
11-02-2011, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 06:36 PM by SovTech.)
Do you play Samuraitrev?

And btw:

http://www.bbtactics.net

Cheerio,
ST

11-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi Sovtech

I used to play I had a goblin team they sucked but were a proper laugh to use. I could pick up the rules again pretty quick. Years ago I even had one of the early editions of the game with the hard polystyrene? pitch. The edition I have now is still pretty old. The teams in it are humans Reikland Reavers and Orks Gouged Eye if I remember correctly. I also have the deathbowl expansion. Plus Loads of metal star players. Quite a few of 'em undead.
It's a great game I should play again, along with Spacehulk. Sounds like you've got a good little community going. Your team looks awesome! I especially like the converted Heresy minis.

Good job Watchmen02
11-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I played once or twice. Isn't the game seriously out of print? I do have the Blood Bowl: Team Manager deckbuilding game on preorder -- it's loads of fun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2011, 12:55 AM
(11-02-2011 11:11 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I especially like the converted Heresy minis.

Well spotted!!!

I think that there is a surge of new players joining as Blood Bowl is out on PC as 'Blood Bowl Legendary Edition', which brings interest. I seriously didnt think I could paint. I started painting minis 1½ year ago (the vampire team), and now Im trying to learn what little I picked up to the new guys in our tournament, as well as experimenting with green stuff and smaller and smaller details Watchmen02

The game can still be bought at the Games Workshop Site, but it now uses Blood Bowl Living Rulebook v. 6.0 which can be found on the internet. The community is pretty large...

On a side notice, I have played Blood Bowl: Team Manager some times now and... It is the best! Captures absolutely a lot of the Blood Bowl feel, without being a bad card replica of the game. Ah... If you guys just lived a little bit closer, such times we could have had Zombie03

Cheerio,
ST

BTW Samuraitrev, if you ever want to get rid of your Blood Bowl minis say so, I would probably like to buy some of them.