Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bringing the Dead back into... Blood Bowl!
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
RE: Bringing the Dead back into... Blood Bowl!
I am intrigued by this game every time someone talks about it. It looks like lots of fun, but alas, I am too dang poor to get into it right now. Sweet looking paint on those minis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 11:33 AM
BB was a typical GW WarHammer spin off,heavily promoted (I think they even offered Cheer Leaders figs)& then discontinued
when it had been milked out( I think the market plan called for these Games to have a 6 month promotional run).

Like a few of these spin offs it developed an enthusiastic fan base that wouldn't let it go & thus it's still popular
inspite of being long OoP.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi

They made 5 editions before the rules were given to the community, there were a BloodBowl Magazine, before it joined Fanatic, and later on White Dwarf. I have no love for GW, but they are still selling minis and the main game on their website, and the community (some found on fumbbl.com) are still playing tournaments on gencon. In Denmark it seems that we have 3 national BB leagues (Our own amongst them, the official GW that only plays with GW minis, and Copenhagen Blood Bowl, which are having the National Championship).

And its not out of print:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...GameStyle=

Cheerio,
A

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice-I had forgotten it was part of the Specialiast Games Line,just don't bother with GW anymore except
for their paints.The cost of those Star Player is crazy-I bought the 2 I saw featured back in the day
to use as conversions to Mordheim for far less.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I played it years and years ago. In fact my bloodbowl team was my first try at painting mini's Watchmen02

I played with an undead team and also had a chaos team.
I still have the figures here from my undead team. My chaos team moved out of town together with the friend I used to play it with.
He played humans and high elves (or dark elves??)

It has been a very long time since I have played it. I don't have the game anymore, it also moved with my friend who I never see anymore.

In my undead team I had the vampire starplayer (Vlad was his name right?). With figure ofcourse Watchmen02 I think I gave him to KidDarqo here for his A Touch Of Evil game. hehehe

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
There is a java based browser game that can be played online that provides a... super simplified gameplay experience. Blood bowl table top is so convoluted in rulings and dice rolling that one down can easily be 20 minutes and 40 rolls for a newbie. That's not to say it's not awesome, but can be... overwhelming. Especially if you play by all the rules like fouling.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.