Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Build your own 3D Woodinvale
12-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Build your own 3D Woodinvale
Hi guys Watchmen02

Ok here's a site to check out if you are hopeless at modeling or haven't the time or energy look at these! http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page...ue&cat=530 There's a Barn, Diner, Police Dept. Church and more... Remember for scales get railway 0 gauge builings or 1:43 scale that goes for buildings or vehicles.

After being inundated with requests to do a zombie painting guide by all of one person (thanks Emp Zombie03. I'm working on it at the moment...

Keep on biting brainmunchers Zombie11
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2010, 11:35 AM
RE: Build your own 3D Woodinvale
CanadianBulldog built his own set a long time ago. Not sure if he is still around though.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
EmP just beat me to this:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/show...php?tid=19

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 01:40 AM by samuraitrev.)
Yeah I've seen CanadianBulldog's work it is among the best I've ever seen for building a town!! However as much as I admire his work, I realise the amount of workload is above most (im)mortals (myself included)Watchmen02 so maybe they could just buy their own buildings if they choose.
Happy gaming!
12-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Plasticville on a US web site instead of a UK:

Barn, Town Hall, & Diner ETC.
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
(12-29-2010 08:17 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi guys Watchmen02

Ok here's a site to check out if you are hopeless at modeling or haven't the time or energy look at these! http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page...ue&cat=530 There's a Barn, Diner, Police Dept. Church and more... Remember for scales get railway 0 gauge builings or 1:43 scale that goes for buildings or vehicles.

After being inundated with requests to do a zombie painting guide by all of one person (thanks Emp Zombie03. I'm working on it at the moment...

Keep on biting brainmunchers Zombie11

I'm working on designing some papercraft buildings that will fit the floorplans already on the boards. It might take a while, as I'm basically teaching myself how to use Illustrator at the same time.

If anyone wants some basic buildings, Canon has a site for kids paper projects here: Canon Craftown . The designs are really cutsey, but it's a start, and it's what I'm using for the basic guidelines.
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Why did you decide to use illustrator for this type of project? I'm not sure how well it will benefit you.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-24-2011, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2011 01:21 AM by robottroubles.)
(01-23-2011 11:47 PM)D153453D Wrote:  Why did you decide to use illustrator for this type of project? I'm not sure how well it will benefit you.

I figure I need to be able to manipulate lots of basic shapes and some text. Is there a better alternative for this? This is a screen grab of the General Store so far, I'm not all that happy with it, but hopefully I'll get better as I go along.
01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, my preference is always Photoshop, and I usually link an Illustrator file to it for my text. That's actually not bad, but is any of that vector? It looks like an imported raster image for the textures.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-24-2011, 02:03 AM
(01-24-2011 01:36 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Well, my preference is always Photoshop, and I usually link an Illustrator file to it for my text. That's actually not bad, but is any of that vector? It looks like an imported raster image for the textures.

The wood and the windows are imported images, but the outline of the building and details were made in Illustrator. Again, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing and I have the feeling someone who knows the programs could churn out something a lot better a lot faster.