Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CHILL RPG is back...maybe
10-13-2014, 06:51 PM
CHILL RPG is back...maybe
It's close.

To inform, Chill is an RPG that is devoted to horror and scary stories. Not just one style, like Lovecraftian or Zombie, but open ended. It is about humanity versus fear. And it is just plain wonderful.

It disappeared during the time of Lestat style horror, not keeping up with the superheroics of monster player characters and someone tried a 3rd edition but the crowdfunding failed. Now there is another chance at a great game... going back to the original system and cleaning it up a bit, this third edition is on Kickstarter and it is this close to making it...which means it is this close to failing.

Please...help out.. The players here will like the game... push it over the top:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pla...aying-game

10-13-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: CHILL RPG is back...maybe
Interesting. It looks like it'll make it. Sadly, I'm already drowning in half a dozen RPG systems to read and try out... While I don't have enough people to do so. One of them was a horror one (tremulus).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Very interesting. Heard of "Chill", never played it.

Just started dipping my toes back into RPG via Solo RPG'ing using the Mythic Game Master Emulator + lots of other tools.

Had considered looking for a Horror RPG. Had long thought a "X-Files" style "agents of some organization vs monster of the week+ conspiracy" campaign would be good.

Will have to read up on this some more. Interested in what all kinds of things it supports. (Aliens? Cryptids?)

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2014, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 01:46 PM by Old Dwarf.)
16 days to go & $2000 needed to Fund. I have CHILL & all the expansions including the Board Game (Pacesetter edition)
,it's been a long time since I even thought about it. In the original material was all about every supernatural being
you could think of I don't remember any Aliens or Cryptids (but it's been years since I've looked at it).

I do recall some of the material was genuine scary. S.A.V.E. was the organization that the player characters
belonged to. I hope the KS makes it.

OD

PS Link to Black Morn Mansion- Board Game : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7...morn-manor

Link to RPG- http://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/44649/chill-a...es-unknown

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Pretty flexible monster system to easily allow anything you want. The point of it being: you're human, it's not, so good luck finding out what it can and can't do and making sure no-one dies in the process.

OD: made some Black Morn Manor stuff....some cards for the characters with a history bit and special abilities, some bi-fold pawns... but my computer died and I'd have to scan them from what I produced...

10-15-2014, 03:39 PM
My wife liked Black Morn so we played it a lot back in the day more characters would be cool.
I'm not into RPG & I only remember playing the Learning Mission from the Rule Book but
the expansions were just a good read.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Apparently Goblinoid Games (makers of fine Retroclones like B/X clone"Labyrinth Lord") brought Pacesetter games back. So while they no longer have the rights to "Chill", they did do a retroclone of the system "Cryptworld".

So if for some reason the 3rd ed doesn't make it, there is still an option for those interested. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"