Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
COD: Nazi Zombies
03-03-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: COD: Nazi Zombies
Like the effort and for a bit of fun would love to try them out. But "slightly"(sarcasm) over powerful for a real game. Unless you are playing against uber Russian/champion zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 11:59 PM by VicariousSin87.)
(03-03-2014 07:28 PM)Fizzgaz Wrote:  Like the effort and for a bit of fun would love to try them out. But "slightly"(sarcasm) over powerful for a real game. Unless you are playing against uber Russian/champion zombies

I am trying to make them less OP to be used in a normal game. I have been taking everyone's suggestions into consideration. This is only my first attempt at making characters and weapons.

Alright, re-posting all the characters and weapons. Hopefully these ones will be a little less OP.

And here are the weapons.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-04-2014, 12:34 AM
IMHO - 3+ to Hit for the Handgun is fine for me, since there is a 1/3 chance of no shot. I would limit the range to 2 though to keep in line with other handguns. 3 is a lot for a handgun.

For Wunderwaffe I would limit the 6 roll to only the target space, no adjacent spaces also.

Katana might be better balanced at Hits on a 4+ for a wound, instant Kills on a 6+.

Does Molotov Hit all Zombies in the target space? It's unclear.

Just some candid suggestions.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-04-2014, 01:00 AM
(03-04-2014 12:34 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  IMHO - 3+ to Hit for the Handgun is fine for me, since there is a 1/3 chance of no shot. I would limit the range to 2 though to keep in line with other handguns. 3 is a lot for a handgun.

For Wunderwaffe I would limit the 6 roll to only the target space, no adjacent spaces also.

Katana might be better balanced at Hits on a 4+ for a wound, instant Kills on a 6+.

Does Molotov Hit all Zombies in the target space? It's unclear.

Just some candid suggestions.

I'm basing the Wunderwaffe DG-2 on the COD video game gun's ability. Which kills multiple Zombies in a cascade effect. I know it's OP that's why there is a chance it gets removed from game.

The Katana, I wanted to be a powerful weapon because they are very sharp/deadly in reality.

The Molotov hits only one zombie and with the possibility of a fire spreading, which could potentially hit other zombies or even other heroes.

The M1911, I could reduce the range, but it being a Military style, seem appropriate.

If you would like a version closer to what you are suggesting, I will gladly stylize it so you could download to print, just let me know.
I have yet to play these weapons in a game, you are most likely correct and I will have to reduce their stats to balance the game.
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Character test successful. Thought they were pretty balanced.

Didn't get to use all of the weapons as hero's rolled crap and had to discard some.

For some reason my friend discarded the Katana for a chainsaw. Not quite sure they read the card. Lol.

But all in all, a fun little addition to the game.
03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
ahh got it. thanks

(03-03-2014 04:56 PM)curtismsimcox Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 03:43 PM)soundguy Wrote:  explain the in soviet russa ?

I believe that it means that anytime the character rolls a 1 in combat, its an instant kill.

In Soviet Russia, Car Forks You!
03-05-2014, 12:48 AM
(03-04-2014 03:15 PM)soundguy Wrote:  ahh got it. thanks

(03-03-2014 04:56 PM)curtismsimcox Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 03:43 PM)soundguy Wrote:  explain the in soviet russa ?

I believe that it means that anytime the character rolls a 1 in combat, its an instant kill.

In Soviet Russia, Car Forks You!

I changed the instant kill to a roll of double 1s, less likely to happen. But still useful.
03-05-2014, 01:32 AM
agreed!