Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Calling Curtismsimcox
02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Calling Curtismsimcox
Hi Curtis
SamuraiTrev suggested that I contact you. I've been working on some house rules for a crossbow in a thread on this site and seem to have a working set. Trev thought you might be able to help to create a card for the rules as I don't have access to photoshop and he said you'd already done some impressive stuff.

The house rules are:

* Range = 2
* Fire once per Ranged Attack
* Hits on a roll of 3+
* Starts with 5 bolt tokens
* On a hit place the bolt token on the target square. Tokens for hits on a Zombie Hero move with the Zombie Hero
* On a miss the bolt token is removed from the game
* Bolt token(s) are automatically retrieved as Hero moves through square containing bolt token(s)
* Discard once all bolt tokens are lost. Treat as a Gun weapon for Pick up purposes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2014, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 07:17 PM by curtismsimcox.)
RE: Calling Curtismsimcox
(02-27-2014 12:33 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Hi Curtis
SamuraiTrev suggested that I contact you. I've been working on some house rules for a crossbow in a thread on this site and seem to have a working set. Trev thought you might be able to help to create a card for the rules as I don't have access to photoshop and he said you'd already done some impressive stuff.

The house rules are:

* Range = 2
* Hits on a roll of 3+
* On a hit place the bolt token on the target square. Tokens for hits on a Zombie Hero move with the Zombie Hero
* Bolt token(s) are automatically retrieved as Hero moves through square containing bolt token(s)
* Discard once all bolt tokens are lost. Treat as a Gun weapon for Pick up purposes.

Happy to oblige. I think this meets all your rules for the card.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-27-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 08:11 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
Some thoughts.
Do you want the Ammo card's affect (discard instead of the ranged weapon) to apply to Crossbow? If not, the card should not have keyword Gun, nor have the red Gun icon. The Ammo card uses both of those references.

Can other Heroes pick up the bolts? And later give them to the player in an Exchange Items phase?

Tokens can move with a Zombie Champion as well as a Zombie Hero.

Are bolts destroyed by Fire?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-28-2014, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 03:56 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
(02-27-2014 08:09 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Some thoughts.
Do you want the Ammo card's affect (discard instead of the ranged weapon) to apply to Crossbow? If not, the card should not have keyword Gun, nor have the red Gun icon. The Ammo card uses both of those references. But it is a ranged weapon

Can other Heroes pick up the bolts? And later give them to the player in an Exchange Items phase? No, only Crossbow owner can retrieve bolt tokens

Tokens can move with a Zombie Champion as well as a Zombie Hero. Behemoth only, Ferrel Dead have 1 wound

Are bolts destroyed by Fire? Yes - on a d6 roll of 1 or 2 each turn

(02-27-2014 06:02 PM)curtismsimcox Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 12:33 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Hi Curtis

The house rules are:

* Range = 2
* Hits on a roll of 3+

Happy to oblige. I think this meets all your rules for the card.

Excellent effort - many thanks! See also comments on questions / points raised by ATOEtalgeek
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 05:48 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
The Ammo card does not necessarily apply to all ranged weapons - only those with keyword Gun or the Gun icon.

Yes, Behemoth only - but there may be more Zombie Champions in our future...so the statement should list Champion generically.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-28-2014, 06:07 PM
(02-28-2014 05:46 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  The Ammo card does not necessarily apply to all ranged weapons - only those with keyword Gun or the Gun icon.

Yes, Behemoth only - but there may be more Zombie Champions in our future...so the statement should list Champion generically.

Fair points all and well made.

BTW I'm not sure I actually want more ZCs - let's celebrate the differences between LNOE and Zombicide.