Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
06-13-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
(06-12-2015 04:51 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  Alas, I sold mine. Played it 6 times and it got way too simple for me. It's very funny, but not for me.

Pity. That's why I like it is for the speed/ease of play + faithfulness to the Slasher genre. For me, it's makes a nice change of pace from my other games. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Yeah, so far my group has really been digging it. I love it, myself. I do understand the objection to how simple it is. I personally view that as a plus and don't think it is overly simple, but I can see why others may. Still, I am definitely loving this game. I love horror movies, so this is kind of like getting to be in my own Friday the 13th movie..... Except, you know, with a dude in a grizzly bear mask instead of a hockey mask.
06-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Dang, I wish I felt the same way about it. Maybe it shines more with other players but, for my taste, it was just 'go here and get a card', rinse and repeat. I paid a fortune to get it imported and couldn't wait to play it. When I did, my first reaction was 'is that it?'

My biggest let down of the year. I desperately wanted to like it but the lack of any decisions meant it had to go.
06-24-2015, 12:45 AM
(06-19-2015 06:25 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Yeah, so far my group has really been digging it. I love it, myself. I do understand the objection to how simple it is. I personally view that as a plus and don't think it is overly simple, but I can see why others may. Still, I am definitely loving this game. I love horror movies, so this is kind of like getting to be in my own Friday the 13th movie..... Except, you know, with a dude in a grizzly bear mask instead of a hockey mask.

Glad to hear you're digging it. It's got enough depth for me, but I'm a theme guy anyway, so there is that. I'm just glad to have a Slasher game that gets the genre & gets it right. Insane21Zombie15Insane16

I suspect the expansions will add more choices & such, but YMMV & all that. Insane20

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-26-2015, 05:16 PM
I get what you mean about the repetitiveness of the game, Bear. I actually kinda dig the format for this game, though. One, you always get to draw a new card. Two, the cards can be all sorts of different things. It can be a weapon, some sort of event, an attack by the killer. So, you kind of never know what is going to happen. Still, I get why it is maybe not for everybody.

Did you happen to get the expansions as well? To MoonSylver's point, perhaps they will add some more depth.
01-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Wink RE: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
I didn’t manage to catch the Kickstarter but got it on pre-order and can safely say this game is awesome. It’s a popular hit with my gaming group and is one that we can regularly rely/agree on playing when we can’t decide on what to play.