Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE core box. printing difference?
05-14-2018, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 01:52 PM by Deadman Joe.)
LNOE core box. printing difference?
Hello all. New to the LNOE world. So far i have the core set, the growing hunger, hold the line sup, stock up sup, and grave weapons miniatures ( useless until i get the sotf exp).

I have noticed the cards, character cards,and scenario cards, are all bigger in the core set by just a bit more. Also the map tiles are lighter than expansions. Is this an old printing? Are all like this? If i buy the 10th anniversary edition, is it like this as well? Its not gsme breaking but is a tad annoying.

Ty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2018, 03:40 PM
RE: LNOE core box. printing difference?
(05-14-2018 01:51 PM)Deadman Joe Wrote:  I have noticed the cards,...are all bigger in the core set by just a bit more...
This is what prompted me to sleeve all my cards. The size variation does not work for traditional shuffling. The sleeves allow you to shuffle. I probably would have sleeved them eventually anyway as I sleeve everything now, but this was the first game I owned that I sleeved and it was for the size variation reason.

I have not seen any variation in the size of the hero boards or scenario boards, and I can't speak to the 10thAE.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: LNOE core box. printing difference?
The LNOE printing quality control isn't great. There's up to a millimeter difference in size, and some vague color tone changes, between various printings. It's been better more recently, but still not great. Once you have enough stuff from different expansions all mixed up, you can't tell what's what.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user