Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Father Joseph Prevent Strength of Spirit Wound?
04-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Can Father Joseph Prevent Strength of Spirit Wound?
Hi all,

One nagging question that I can't find clarification for:

Can the wound that Father Joseph takes to activate his Strength of Spirit ability be prevented (by a Just a Scratch or Hero's Blessing?) I lean toward no, thinking that he needs to take the wound to avail himself to the ability, but my friend disagrees. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
RE: Can Father Joseph Prevent Strength of Spirit Wound?
Welcome to the boards, RunBilly!

There's nothing I see anywhere that would prevent this from working. It sounds like a good strategy. The one that's questionable is if Against All Odds would, thus, let the priest cancel as many cards as he wants on that given turn.

(http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._All_Odds)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
mqstout Wrote:Welcome to the boards, RunBilly!

There's nothing I see anywhere that would prevent this from working. It sounds like a good strategy. The one that's questionable is if Against All Odds would, thus, let the priest cancel as many cards as he wants on that given turn.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. That's one powerful father.
03-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I had this happen in a game just yesterday. We had 4 heroes (I was Father Joseph) and 1 zombie player. We were playing Hunker down. We had Sally who started in the school, Father Joseph who started in the church, and The Sheriff who started in the center (The Police Station was Taken Over) and The Drifter who started in the center since The Road out of Town wasn't in play. I barricaded the Church, and the others went to the highschool and gym (only 4 barricades needed to Fully Barricade both). I had the Hero's Blessing played on me and cancelled almost every card. The zombie also rolled terribly failing 2 turns in a row to get 4 zombies through.
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
(04-12-2010 04:16 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Welcome to the boards, RunBilly!

All the replies about this before in a previous thread seem to point towards No. I thought you HAD to take a wound for the ability to activate.

Another Similar Thread
03-12-2011, 01:03 AM
See end of first page of linked-to thread, viking, which links here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2376334#2376334
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 01:14 AM by vikinglad.)
Followed your link. What does that guy know? Just kidding.

Look at the very next post after that. Orguss said:
"Funny that Jason seems to contradict himself. Oh well."
It does seem to be answered differently at different times. I think it should be able to be used to prevent the wound anyway.