Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a Loner Bicker or enjoy a last Night on Earth?
03-22-2009, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2009 09:49 PM by zombie67.)
Can a Loner Bicker or enjoy a last Night on Earth?
This came up tonight and we really couldn't think of a proper way to resolve it.

Kath (playing as the Zombies) played the "Loner" Card on Becky which states:

Quote:"Play at the start of the Zombie Turn on any Hero. That Hero may not end their Move Action in the same space as another Hero."

Fine all well and good but as we chatted something came to mind.

What would happen if she wanted to play either a "Bickering" or a "This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth" card which state:

Bickering:

Quote:"Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn on any space with more than one Hero in it. All characters in that space lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there)."

This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth:

Quote:"Play this card at the start of the Hero Turn. Choose any Male and Female pair of characters in the same space. Both characters lose their Hero Turn (may not do anything at all - they do not need to fight Zombies there)."

Does the "Loner" card cancel out the other cards, meaning that they could not be played on that character or do you ignore the "Loner" rules this round and then apply them the next round??

Over to you folks!

btw...the more I think about it, thematically I feel "Loner" should cancel out the other cards.....

"Look, you can argue all you want but I am out of here!"

or

"Have sex? Christ, I can't even stand to be in the same space as you!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
RE: Can a Loner Bicker or enjoy a last Night on Earth?
Does the LONER card REMAIN IN PLAY? I can't recall right now, and I'm not walking all the way upstairs to check my card....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I think the Loner card means you cannot voluntarily end your turn on the same space as another hero. If another card causes you to do so against your will, then you have no choice but to stay there. That's how I understood it to work.
03-23-2009, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 01:27 AM by zombie67.)
Loner is a Remains in Play card, sv.

n107, it seems very one sided that way! I suppose reading the card again, it does lean towards that but still I think thematically (and Jason Hill has always pushed the game and it rules in this way) I still feel it should be played the way I felt at the end of my post.

Imagine a film, one character says "You guys are crazy! I'm going before you get me killed" (LONER)

"Oh but before I go, this could be our last night, so anyone fancy a quick one before I go?" (THIS COULD BE OUR LAST NIGHT ON EARTH)

Would seem a bit crap don't you think??
03-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Cheers Ryuk!

Just to check there is nothing to stop another character ending their Move Action in the same space as the "Loner" Hero?
03-23-2009, 01:03 AM
zombie67 Wrote:Cheers Ryuk!

Just to check there is nothing to stop another character ending their Move Action in the same space as the "Loner" Hero?

There you go! That's the crux of it. The Loner hero can't end their turn that way, but a tenacious vixen may keep following the poor guy, just begging for a "This could be our Last Night on Earth" card to be played.

The loner card doesn't disappear, it's just that the Loner cannot choose to end his turn that way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2009, 02:12 AM
zombie67 Wrote:Imagine a film, one character says "You guys are crazy! I'm going before you get me killed" (LONER)

"Oh but before I go, this could be our last night, so anyone fancy a quick one before I go?" (THIS COULD BE OUR LAST NIGHT ON EARTH)

Thematically, you can imagine that the Loner was caught off guard hearing such a request. So even though he/she still intends to leave, there was enough of a hesitation that, in game turns, he lost his chance to act.