Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you fight a minon, then cotinue your move?
07-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Can you fight a minon, then cotinue your move?
Again, I apologize if this one may have been answered in the rulebook and I just missed it.

If you roll a certain number for your move, and there happens to be a minion in the path you wanted to take, I know that you have to fight the minion if you do enter that space. However, can you fight the minion and then continue your move if you succeed?

For example, say you roll a 6. On the path you wanted to take, there just so happens to be a minion in the very next space. Can you move the one, fight the minion, then if you kill it, move the remaining 5 spaces? Or does it simply end your move once you fight the minion, whether or not you win?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Can you fight a minon, then cotinue your move?
(07-01-2013 02:10 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  Again, I apologize if this one may have been answered in the rulebook and I just missed it.

If you roll a certain number for your move, and there happens to be a minion in the path you wanted to take, I know that you have to fight the minion if you do enter that space. However, can you fight the minion and then continue your move if you succeed?

For example, say you roll a 6. On the path you wanted to take, there just so happens to be a minion in the very next space. Can you move the one, fight the minion, then if you kill it, move the remaining 5 spaces? Or does it simply end your move once you fight the minion, whether or not you win?

You movement would end. P.11:

Quote:Each Hero’s Turn is comprised of the following
three phases, which must be completed in order.
1. Move
2. Fight Enemies in your space
3. Take Actions

So, you would be able to take actions, but not move, as you'd moved from Phase 1 (movement) to Phase 2 (Fight). Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Agreed. For further support: The third sentence in the section on page 11 titled Movement is "The only thing that stops a Hero’s movement is entering a space with a Minion that is already in play".
07-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Thank you for the clarification. This is what I thought, but I was not sure. I read through the rulebook once, but have not had the chance to read through it all again. It is pretty long. LOL! But, I have actually been getting quite a few chances to play it lately, so I didn't want to have to be held back from playing it just because I had not yet re-read for the few things I was not sure about.