Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Card Creation- Think its there!!
03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Card Creation- Think its there!!
So while messing about creating gimmick cards of the family to get a good system going for when I start pumping out my scenarios and stuff, I think I got it!! I used the hero template from the DL section that gives you the front and back on one sheet as well as the stand alone front side one (easier to manipulate the text with that one). Created my card and copied the layer over onto the sheet with both front and back. Important note, I had to raise the DPI to 300 from 79 to get a good image after printing. Got everything set and saved as a PDF, JPEG looked a little funny believe it or not. Went to Kinko's and had them print it out on a gloss cover stock. Got home and cut em out then mounted with spray adhesive to some chipboard I got from a scrap-booking store in the same plaza. Here are the results. Now that I got a good idea on paper, I can try and print from home, only issue is my printer is an ink hog, almost cheaper to print from kinko's.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Card Creation- Think its there!!
Thet look amazing, great skills on recreating high quality looking character boards.
Find all posts by this user
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Re: Card Creation- Think its there!!
Wow if the edges were rounded I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the two! Bravo!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys, I might have to possibly sacrifice a card to pull off the rounded corners. I might try with my die zombie die card to make a template I can't wait to make some L boards, I need to get better at photoshop so I can make some nice stuff from scratch..

03-28-2013, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 11:19 PM by fitzgrimm.)
Friskers that is awesome. Just so you know if you go to a craft store they usually have a tool that well cut round corners. I think we paid about $8 for the one that we got for my wife. They are usually in the scrap book section and they work like a hole punch, you just put the tool on the corner of the page and press down. I well see if I can find a link so that you can see what one looks like.

Edit: This is not the exact one we have but similar.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
03-29-2013, 05:56 AM
That is nice, ill defiantly check that out. I wonder if it will work on that chipboard too, it's pretty thick.

03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Never tried it on chipboard but it works on heavy cardboard.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
04-01-2013, 07:01 AM
(03-28-2013 10:55 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Thanks guys, I might have to possibly sacrifice a card to pull off the rounded corners. I might try with my die zombie die card to make a template I can't wait to make some L boards, I need to get better at photoshop so I can make some nice stuff from scratch..

you can probably trace a card to make a template that you can cut from if the tool that's previously mentioned won't cut through your material rather than risking cutting an actual card.

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
04-01-2013, 07:13 AM
I found one of the tools and it cuts cards fine just not the chip board... I'll give tracing a shot, I just have a hard time keeping the blade from wandering unless it has a guide.

04-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I ordered a "chomper" from the scrapbook store. It does 1/4" radius and 1/2" radius cuts and it works on the chipboard! It will hopefully be in soon...