Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Card Sleeves
01-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Card Sleeves
So what kind of sleeves do you use? I just got my order of standard Mayday sleeves and sleeved all of LNoE and AToE. I used to use premium sleeves back in the day with my CCG's, but with my current budget and the amount of cards between these games, I went with standard. I do like how they fit and they don't make the decks as thick as premium sleeves. Also, does anyone sleeve their hero and scenario cards??? I just put in an order for UltraPro 4x6 sleeves. Just wondered if anyone else have tried these and how well they fit since the cards are so thick?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2011, 02:49 PM
RE: Card Sleeves
I haven't sleeved anything. The decks are so thick that each individual card gets used rarely. I also can't stand shuffling sleeved cards. It's such a hassle compared to "normal" shuffling.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I have sleeved my basiccards of LNOE because I am planning to play it with the kids and they can't read or Understand English yet, so I have made a translation (thanks Emp for the idea) and put them with the original crad into the sleeves. I do use the premium sleevs and indeed they kindda stick together...
01-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I just use penny sleeves. The one downside I found is that the cards wouldn't fit back in the trays since they were so tight a fit to begin with. Have to carry around a extra box for the cards.
01-22-2011, 06:08 PM
(01-22-2011 02:49 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I haven't sleeved anything. The decks are so thick that each individual card gets used rarely. I also can't stand shuffling sleeved cards. It's such a hassle compared to "normal" shuffling.
I actually think shuffling with sleeves is easier and I hate bending my cards. I split the deck and slide the 2 halves together.
(01-22-2011 05:31 PM)sci teacher Wrote:  I just use penny sleeves. The one downside I found is that the cards wouldn't fit back in the trays since they were so tight a fit to begin with. Have to carry around a extra box for the cards.
I picked my sleeves up for 1.68/100. They are inexpensive, but fit snug and still fit in the box insert and still are loose in the tray.
02-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I use Mayday standard 63,5 x 88 mm sleeves.
02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I just ultra pro Clear ones myself.. This way you can still see the back of the cards to know what decks are where.
02-16-2011, 01:09 AM
(01-22-2011 02:49 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I haven't sleeved anything. The decks are so thick that each individual card gets used rarely. I also can't stand shuffling sleeved cards. It's such a hassle compared to "normal" shuffling.

i didnt use sleeves either, for the same reason. but i started useing them so i could include my custom cards in it, with out giving away where they are in the deck.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]