Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Card question - Dragging Meat
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Card question - Dragging Meat
I was playing with a friend this weekend when a question came up regarding the card "Dragging Meat." I do not recall the exact wording of the card, but I recall its effect.

The Zombie Player, before moving any zombies, can roll a D6. That number of zombies then get to move D3 spaces each instead of the normal one space (or D6 spaces if it is a Zombie Hero).

My friend took the wording of that a little differently than I always thought it was meant to be used. My gaming buddies and I have had the card come up a few times, and always played it like I thought it was meant to be played, but the truth it, we could be wrong. When I re-read it, it doesn't necessarily specify. So... here is the question:

For the sake of my question, lets say you roll a 5, meaning 5 zombies get to move D3 spaces. By getting to move the number of zombies you rolled D3 spaces, does this mean, for example:

- You roll one D3. You roll 6, so you get to move 3 spaces. This means you now get to move those 5 zombies 3 spaces each

OR

- You roll a D3 for each of the 5 zombies, meaning you roll 5 SEPARATE D3's for each of those 5 zombies? (So, maybe it turns out one gets to move 3 spaces, two wind up moving two spaces, and the other two only move 1?)

So, to sum it up: Is it a separate D3 roll for each of the zombies, or one D3 roll and the number of zombies you rolled gets to move that same number of spaces?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Card question - Dragging Meat
I personally roll for each.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 11:23 PM
A seperate roll for each Zombie.
05-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Roll for each
05-07-2013, 04:14 PM
We roll for each when this card comes up when we play
05-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Groovy. Thanks for the clarification, fellers. That is what I personally thought, and that is how my group has always played it. I never really even thought of it until my friend thought it was played the other way when it came up this weekend.

To me, the fact that the card specifically said "each" was the key phrase that made me believe that was how to play it. Though, when I read it carefully, I realized that it really only said those zombies each get to move D3 spaces. Without going and pulling the card out, I do not remember the EXACT wording, but if you read it, you can definitely see how it could be interpreted either way.