Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cards for Echo Lake and The Coast
10-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Cards for Echo Lake and The Coast
Do you suppose we'll ever get supplemental cards for the Echo Lake and The Coast locations? Or will the Shadowbrook decks keep growing while the others don't?

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 02:48 AM
RE: Cards for Echo Lake and The Coast
(10-13-2012 11:13 PM)Tommy Brownell Wrote:  Do you suppose we'll ever get supplemental cards for the Echo Lake and The Coast locations? Or will the Shadowbrook decks keep growing while the others don't?
I would have to imagine that at the very least it's something Flying Frog is contemplating, there's no doubt they realize the issue but it's understandably a bit tricky to include cards with every expansion assuming that everyone owns a previous expansion. I think at some point we'll see a Miskatonic Horror type "expansion-expansion". And it might even be fairly soon now that the big box expansions are likely finished, any other board expansions would probably be smaller and less ambitious projects, and we've got tons of Villains and Heroes to choose from...the main aspect that could use supplementing is the decks and that would be much easier and quicker to produce.
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2012, 05:20 AM
I hope so. After shuffling everything together the other Location decks almost seem puny by comparison to Shadowbrook's. (Though to fair the locations don't get visited enough in my games that the decks get stale. Quite the contrary.)

IMO web expansions would be the perfect solution. You could add enough cards to bulk up expansion decks at a decent price w/out adding them into box expansions assuming that buyers have that expansion, or saddling them w/ cards for an expansion they don't have. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-14-2012, 06:21 AM
(10-14-2012 05:20 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I hope so. After shuffling everything together the other Location decks almost seem puny by comparison to Shadowbrook's. (Though to fair the locations don't get visited enough in my games that the decks get stale. Quite the contrary.)

IMO web expansions would be the perfect solution. You could add enough cards to bulk up expansion decks at a decent price w/out adding them into box expansions assuming that buyers have that expansion, or saddling them w/ cards for an expansion they don't have. Watchmen02

This is pretty much the approach I would take. Web expansions are the way to go, because the hardcore "own everything" guys are the ones that are going "but this deck is a lot bigger" than this deck.

I'd be down for it.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
10-14-2012, 09:35 AM
(10-14-2012 06:21 AM)Tommy Brownell Wrote:  
(10-14-2012 05:20 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I hope so. After shuffling everything together the other Location decks almost seem puny by comparison to Shadowbrook's. (Though to fair the locations don't get visited enough in my games that the decks get stale. Quite the contrary.)

This is pretty much the approach I would take. Web expansions are the way to go, because the hardcore "own everything" guys are the ones that are going "but this deck is a lot bigger" than this deck.

I resemble that remark. Insane20
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Me too...=)

10-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I examplify that remark ;D

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]