Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cardstock??
01-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Cardstock??
I searched a bit and couldn't seem to find an answer... I want to try and print out some of the scenarios I've collected and some of the stuff I've created. Problem I'm having is finding a good media to print it on. I was thinking of a type of gloss stock and then mounting it with some 3M spray adhesive to some mat board. I don't have my game on hand (I know it should be with me at all times) but you guys think that would be a better match than the run of the mill cardstock? What do you guys use?

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Cardstock??
I cannot help I've never printed anything on something other than regular printer paper.
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 08:03 AM
I have fun with the arts and crafts parts of these kinds of games... I'm slowly acquiring a new paint set to do my minis... There are some custom scenarios out there I feel are worth the little extra effort

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
(01-27-2013 08:03 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I have fun with the arts and crafts parts of these kinds of games... I'm slowly acquiring a new paint set to do my minis... There are some custom scenarios out there I feel are worth the little extra effort

I look forward to seeing your painted minis!
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
I only did this once so it might not be the end all be all.

For actual playing cards I used bristol board, cut for printer size. It is a little thicker than the normal cards, but I think thinner than cardstock.

For directions, rules and player aids I print out on normal paper and then used the 3M Laminating sheets to cover them. If you go this route make sure you print the images a slight less than 8.5X11 so that when you laminate you have a good 1/8 inch of border around the document for the laminate to seal correctly.