Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carry limit and drawing new items
03-20-2023, 11:12 PM
Carry limit and drawing new items
I feel silly asking this after all this time, and forgive me if it's already been covered. But, can a Hero discard items at any time? More to the point, if they draw an item card and they don't have enough room to take it, can they simply discard whatever cards they want in order to keep the new item? I feel like I always played it that way...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2023, 12:48 AM
RE: Carry limit and drawing new items
(03-20-2023 11:12 PM)Russ Wrote:  I feel silly asking this after all this time, and forgive me if it's already been covered. But, can a Hero discard items at any time? More to the point, if they draw an item card and they don't have enough room to take it, can they simply discard whatever cards they want in order to keep the new item? I feel like I always played it that way...

I have always played it that way. I will need to go through the rules to see if it is stated.
03-22-2023, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2023 03:09 PM by BigDumbYak.)
Page 12 of the base game rulebook:

If a Hero ever has more Items than they can carry (or more
than two Weapons), they must immediately discard Items
down to their limit. If there is more than one Hero in the
same space, they may exchange Items before discarding.

Also from the FAQ section:

Q. - If you have four items including Gasoline or Old Betsy, and you gain a fifth item, can you immediately use the Gasoline or Old Betsy to avoid having to discard an item?
A. - Yes. You could also immediately hand off an item to any other Hero in your space.
03-28-2023, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2023 01:08 AM by Russ.)
Thanks! I think I saw this part somewhere and it confused me because I was thinking, "Wait...do I have to USE the items to get rid of them? Can I not just discard them?" But now I realize that the point of the question was to see if they could make use of the items instead of wasting them by discarding.

(03-22-2023 03:05 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Q. - If you have four items including Gasoline or Old Betsy, and you gain a fifth item, can you immediately use the Gasoline or Old Betsy to avoid having to discard an item?
A. - Yes. You could also immediately hand off an item to any other Hero in your space.