Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carrying items - some questions/clarifications
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Carrying items - some questions/clarifications
We've played a few games (though I only just realized we've been handling combat wrong, adding fight dice instead of using the highest die - no wonder it's been so difficult for the zombies to win) and a couple of questions have surfaced regarding items and the heroes:

1. The rulebook says that a Hero may only carry up to 4 items at a time. Only two of these items may be weapons (Hand weapon and/or Ranged weapon) - we had assumed it meant they could only have one hand weapon and one ranged weapon, however from other posts it appears it actually means one weapon per hand, either ranged or hand - is this correct?

2. Father Joseph is not able to use guns and Sally is not able to use rifles. If they pick up weapons they cannot use do they immediately drop them or can they carry them to exchange them with other players?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
RE: Carrying items - some questions/clarifications
1) They can carry 2 weapons, it doesn't matter what they are. Just choose wisely Zombie03
2) We play it that they can carry them but they can't fire them.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Yep, we play just like Emp.
11-07-2008, 04:50 PM
what if your carrying two weapons but you just want to hold another one but not use it..

what if you have two weapons and pick up another do you have to discard it immediately. or can you just hold it on the side, or ccan you hold it till the end of turn and try to trade it before its over.
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:what if you have two weapons and pick up another do you have to discard it immediately. or can you just hold it on the side, or ccan you hold it till the end of turn and try to trade it before its over.

You can hold on to it until end of turn, or at least long enough to trade it.
11-09-2008, 02:46 AM
mqstout Wrote:
deadrabbit Wrote:what if you have two weapons and pick up another do you have to discard it immediately. or can you just hold it on the side, or ccan you hold it till the end of turn and try to trade it before its over.

thanks mman
11-30-2008, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2008 02:36 PM by Al74.)
can you clarify this:

We've played a few games (though I only just realized we've been handling combat wrong, adding fight dice instead of using the highest die - no wonder it's been so difficult for the zombies to win)

I am wondering if I did the same./

No probs - I get it - we did the same - DOH! Zombies still won.
11-30-2008, 01:58 AM
mqstout Wrote:

choose so people know, if you pick up an weapon or item and are over you total then you may swap it with one you have and then immediately discard down to your total. you dont have time to trade

But i think this rules is kinda silly and , you should be able to trade it. its kinda like that gay rule how you can roll your movement and then decide to search if its a bad roll
11-30-2008, 11:43 AM
deadrabbit Wrote:
mqstout Wrote:

choose so people know, if you pick up an weapon or item and are over you total then you may swap it with one you have and then immediately discard down to your total. you dont have time to trade

But i think this rules is kinda silly and , you should be able to trade it. its kinda like that gay rule how you can roll your movement and then decide to search if its a bad roll

Off topic, I apologise..

I've only played once and I enjoyed the game but found the rules very vague and open to interpretation!

There's a lot of "do this, if you want but you dont have to".

I think it's better to get some experience and set down new rules of your own based on what works for your group (if you play with regulars)..If you don't play with regs...tell 'em it's in the rules but you lost 'em... hah
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:choose so people know, if you pick up an weapon or item and are over you total then you may swap it with one you have and then immediately discard down to your total. you dont have time to trade

FAQ on page 22 of the rulebook:
"Q. - If you have four items including Gasoline or Old Betsy, and you gain a fifth item, can you immediately use the Gasoline or Old Betsy to avoid having to discard an item?

A. - Yes. You could also immediately hand off an item to any other Hero in your space."